Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

I Took the Bus to Scarborough (1 Viewer)

LivingPoetintheFlesh

I took the bus to Scarborough.
And prayed I’d get there soon.
Lots of skidding and friction from the wheels
We were swerving and clanking on the road,
like a train over tracks
as they road got harder to maneuver
from all the potholes on the ground
I took the bus to Scarborough.
Then to the city of Mississauga.
Finding out my mother was having a meltdown.
I didn’t want her to have another for my sake.
I headed back to Scarborough to help her.
Much like a comfort, I was that to her.
My hands were clasped together and ready
To let her feel them to the touch.
Not in an odd way, but to feel the sweat.
I was worried for her.
I took the bus back to Scarborough.
Then headed to the Bluffs to bask in sunlight.

happy-hippie

When I read this poem, I think about transitions and moving to the next phase of life...you can go back to visit (or to help) but you just can't stay. You got to go forward not backward. Does that make sense? I could be reading into it.

I feel like this piece is saying alot....I enjoyed the read.

LivingPoetintheFlesh

When I read this poem, I think about transitions and moving to the next phase of life...you can go back to visit (or to help) but you just can't stay. You got to go forward not backward. Does that make sense? I could be reading into it.

I feel like this piece is saying alot....I enjoyed the read.

Thanks.