Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

I think I got it? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writer One

Each word and sentence is part of the flow of the story, that's why the subject and predicate? This is what I get of ten years of general writing with e-mail without editing. How many words or paragraphs constitute a short story? If I am right I will never write about this again :1stars: . When I said I had a handicap, you didn't believe it, I have always been slow to understand. Writer one

Bishop

WF Veterans
Each word and sentence is part of the flow of the story, that's why the subject and predicate? This is what I get of ten years of general writing with e-mail without editing. How many words or paragraphs constitute a short story? If I am right I will never write about this again :1stars: . When I said I had a handicap, you didn't believe it, I have always been slow to understand. Writer one

What's the question here?

"Each word and sentence is part of the flow of a story..." Yes, that's correct. But that's also like saying "music notes make up the sounds of a song". It just does.

"How many words or paragraphs constitute a short story?" There's no magical number. I've seen short stories that are 15 words long, or 15,000 words long. It all depends on the writing, the structure, the author's intent, and the story itself.

The only reason I feel you're having trouble understanding is because you're massively overthinking things.

Status
Not open for further replies.