Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

I Sit With You (1 Viewer)

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
I was reluctant to post it, but PiP BEGGED me to share this one with you. I wrote it almost 4 years ago. The soundtrack is not my voice, my friend Sara Ella (also a WF member) did that for me, for which I am extremely grateful.

(With apologies to the 'of' police, I wasn't a WF member yet, back then, hah)

>> I Sit With you << ( Soundcloud recording)

I sit with you,
my hand rests on your shoulder.
I read my book
while you sleep restlessly,
you have no clue.

The night is getting colder,
you have that look
of age-old tiredness sleeping
of pain and hurt,
of hours of fruitless weeping.

I sit with you,
my voice a soothing rhythm.
I recitate
my poems, my lines for you
it's seeping through

your troublesome subconscious
inner debate...
Your eyes open so slightly
I will be here
I'll sit here in this chair

and create words
to paint your world lightly
and colourful
with butterflying flutter
pulling you through

I sit with you
because I care, I get you.
I know the pain
I know this too will pass
and you know too.

C
opyright © Darren White
November 7, 2016

rcallaci

Staff member
Administrator
I'm glad PiP begged you- damn this is good- I felt the pain seeping through this poem but also the love of someone to hold your hand and say you're not alone. An outstanding piece and the recording only amplifies the effect.

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
Thank you, all. I am pleasantly surprised you like it :)
I know I write very differently nowadays.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
This was hard for me to read... it is beautiful and only someone who has done this ... could have expressed these emotions is such a fragile way... do you know why I said fragile? I imagine you do.... anyway, this brings back memories of sitting with my husband, after he was removed from life support...it took awhile for him to pass on, but that time spent with him was so fragile, his next breath... the waiting for his next breath... his last breath... the understanding that life is so fragile...and so is love...thank you for sharing, you have such a beautiful gift when you write from the heart...

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
I know Fire... And you are right, I have my own story behind this poem, and it's fragile and raw at the same time.
Thank you :)

I agree with all the others, a beautiful poem. It brought tears to my eyes as it brought back memories of a poem I had written several years ago.

I am with her waiting for darkness to come

The time will come when her eyes will see
As darkness will be bearable when the angels descend

As the light on her face fades to dark
she whispers low into the darkening night
“you have given me the best in you everyday,
now you give me piece of mind and comfort to my soul”--

As total darkness descends on her ,I look into her eyes and I
see—Forever Young