Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

I need a new pc purchase advice. (1 Viewer)

LadySilence

My pc is breaking down. (Windows Operating System)
And a little old.
I don't know when it will last.
I have to buy another one.
I'm waiting for Amazon's Black Friday.

I mainly need the computer to write, I wrote everything using "Scrivener".
And if possible, it shouldn't cost that much
I need some advice.

Lawless

If you were an enthusiastic gamer, there are sites you could get information on processor types and graphic cards and such from. If you mostly just write, pretty much everything is good enough. Waiting for a cheap offer from a halfway reputable firm is a good idea.

If the hard disk is playing tricks, make sure you make frequent backups of your work. That's extremely important.

LadySilence

No, I don't use it to play.
I use this PC, and the next one, to write.
The problem with the internal power supply, it is not enough to change the battery.

Lawless

Whichever new PC you buy today, it should be powerful enough for writing and such.

If you're short on money, you might want to take your current PC to a computer repair shop. Maybe you simply need to replace one or two parts which will be a lot cheaper than a new PC. If they ask you to leave the computer there, I would tell them to take the hard disk out and take it home with you. (Unless of course there's nothing sensitive on it.)

LadySilence

It's a laptop. I cannot unplug the hard disk.
On Monday I will call a repair shop, and I inquire.
Meanwhile, I inquire about a new computer.

Earp

I don't know what you consider 'that much', but a decent new laptop can be had at Amazon for ~$250.

You also didn't give us much information about what's wrong with your current machine.

It would be an unusual laptop that didn't allow you to replace the hard drive, if that's the source of your trouble.