Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

I love it when someone says my art and writing sucks. Being ignored is death. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annoying kid

Anyone who takes the time to appraise the work is way above the person who ignores it, because a writer can do something with that. They can be inspired to try harder even if there's no constructive aspect to whats being said. I never understood writers who got upset about their work being slammed. Its being ignored thats the worst thing for a writer or artist.

Haters and doubters , especially both, inspire me to work more than praise does to be honest.

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
That's true. But sometimes doubt and hating is just a matter of taste, and there's nothing you can do. I love it most when my work gels with someone, when they "get it."

BrandonTheWriter

That's true. But sometimes doubt and hating is just a matter of taste, and there's nothing you can do. I love it most when my work gels with someone, when they "get it."

I agree.

I take everything on board, but having someone that understood what I was trying to do and enjoyed it is definitely something to be proud of. Hoping some people feel that way about my latest story. Not everyone is going to like everything, so I try to think of it that way.

Sir-KP

Maybe for you. It's yes and no for me.

Getting something like you suck, this is shit, stop doing this and die is pretty much the same as getting wow great, awesome, best work in the world. Nothing but empty shell that any random punk could spit. Personally, my motivation is unaffected by such valueless words.

Gotta put some weights in. That said, I also find conceited artists to be suck. Same to the critiques who shove what they said to your mouth.

Overall, this is lame, because I'm more towards 'if you can't say something good, don't talk' kind of guy. Or if you really have to, then say something nice, because positive is well... positive. Nobody would mind positivity so long it's not Covid and HIV.

Just curious, did you just make someone mad?

BrandonTheWriter

Maybe for you. It's yes and no for me.

Getting something like you suck, this is shit, stop doing this and die is pretty much the same as getting wow great, awesome, best work in the world. Nothing but empty shell that any random punk could spit. Personally, my motivation is unaffected by such valueless words.

Gotta put some weights in. That said, I also find conceited artists to be suck. Same to the critiques who shove what they said to your mouth.

Overall, this is lame, because I'm more towards 'if you can't say something good, don't talk' kind of guy. Or if you really have to, then say something nice, because positive is well... positive. Nobody would mind positivity so long it's not Covid and HIV.

Just curious, did you just make someone mad?

I wish my skin was as thick as yours. I think if someone told me to stop doing this, it would hurt a little. I can't deny it.

It definitely used to hut like a ton of bricks getting harsh criticism when I was younger, but I like getting feedback now. You can't see things when you read your own work.

I think just bashing everything someone did is kind of mean, but I think finding good and bad things is the way to go. If I'm reading someone's piece, I always try to find something I liked about it. I am easily impressed and entertained as a reader so this is easy.

Jan

My viewpoint tends to be that as long as criticism/evaluation is done with the intention of making your work better, anything goes. If I have a teacher that says that my work is complete trash, and then proceeds to give me a good reason why it's trash, and what I can do about it. Then I'm fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.