Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

I knew the internet was good for something! (1 Viewer)

N

NumberCruncher

I'm really not sure why I didn't look for a site like this long ago, but it has definitely reinvigorated my love of writing. I'm a creative soul that walked down the path of an accounting career and I'm constantly finding my creative self oozing out in some form or another. Accounting doesn't allow for much creative genius. So whether it's through my cooking, my guitar, emails to friends, or simply conversational wit, I'm always told I'm in the wrong profession. However, I can't argue with the payscale and for that reason I find it very difficult to get out of it. And that's not to say I particularly dislike it.

Anyway, I hope to channel my creativity more through my writing and maybe even be published someday. In the meantime, I'll crunch numbers all day long and keep my family happy.

I'll post a short story for a sample at some point. I'd love to hear more from those that are actually making a living writing!! What life is like as a full time writer, some of the pitfalls, how to make it in the biz, etc.

terrib

Welcome Number Cruncher--love the name--you sound like you've got your head together. Can't wait to read your work.