Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

I’m not doing well (1 Viewer)

BostonsOwn

Hey man, how the fuck are you, you lost a ton of weight and that beard is epic!

*I’m not doing well*

Yeah, yeah man same here - I’m thinking of not going back to corporate life at all. I just gotta figure out what I like.

*I’m not doing well*

You know, you’re dead right. I gotta get my head out of my ass and make a move. You still doing that writing?

*Im not doing well*

Donnie showed me that thing you wrote...what was it? You’re getting phone calls from dead chicks? Anyway, my kid read it and it scared the shit out of her. Your kid is what? 9? He ever read that shit? Anyway, Donnie said you’re working on a book?

*I’m not doing well*

Fuckn’ A, man. I never figured you for a writer. You gotta make that a job.

*Im not doing well*

Anyway, I gotta go but we gotta get everyone together sometime soon. It’s been years...you still with that blonde chick with the tattoos on her neck? What was it? Root beer?

*Im not doing well*

Diet Coke. She put the Diet Coke logo on her neck! She was wild! You gotta get her back, kid.

*Im not doing well*

Alright man, I missed you too. I’ll be in touch!

*Im ok. This is ok?*

jenthepen

Staff member
Mentor
Hey, this should not have been ignored when it's a piece of writing about being ignored! ;) My feeling is that you will get more responses if you re-post this piece in the Fiction Workshop. It stands up as a piece of flash fiction but I'm struggling to see it as a poem. Hope this helps.

All the best,

jen

BostonsOwn

Hey, this should not have been ignored when it's a piece of writing about being ignored! ;) My feeling is that you will get more responses if you re-post this piece in the Fiction Workshop. It stands up as a piece of flash fiction but I'm struggling to see it as a poem. Hope this helps.

All the best,

jen

I had not thought of that! Thanks.