Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Human Interaction (1 Viewer)

hinge

I guess this really belongs on the fiction board, but hey, it's close enough to real life. For me anyway.

I was sifting through the pile of collar shirts on the rack. I wanted the blue one, but I figured I had too many blue ones anyway.

I looked up to find more blue shirts and that's when I saw her. She was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. I quickly looked back down at the shirt in my hands and tried to look busy by reading the tag. I never knew they preshrunk these things.

She was going through some pants just a couple yards from me. I looked again out of the corner of my eye. I tried to look back down again, but this time I couldn't help myself. She looked up straight at me and my heart jumped into my throat.

I quickly stuffed my hands into my pocket and looked straight down at my shoes. After a couple seconds of brain wracking, I finally felt the strength to look up at her again.

I tilted my eyes up subtly and she was still looking at me. She smiled.

I thought, "It must be these blue shirts."

I quickly darted my eyes back the other way, as if I were looking for someone. I wasn't.

When I turned my head back towards her casually I noticed her taking steps closer to me. I almost fainted.

With each step she took, beads of sweat started to form on top of my head. I noticed my heartbeat disappearing. I gulped all the saliva in my mouth until my mouth was almost dry.

I thought, "This is finally it. All these years of you thinking that you'll never meet your perfect girl, here she is. And she actually wants to talk to you. A pretty girl actually wants to talk to YOU. Don't screw it up."

I took my hands out of my pockets and clenched them into fists in preparation.

She stopped in front of me.

My eyes refused to blink.

She smiled again and my arm hair stood up on end.

She opened her mouth and asked, "Anything I can help you with?"

I never bought another blue shirt again.

klaus

Very funny:)
I wasn't able to guess the end, really.
And I figure lots of guys have similar experience eh?