Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Howdy! (1 Viewer)

Phoenix Rose

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to find a nice writing retreat far away from social media. Just a little nook to feather my nest in while enjoying the company of other writers. I generally try to be supportive and uplifting while doing what I can to help my fellow writers learn and grow. Recently, I shared an uplifting quote on FB that was attributed to Frida Kahlo. FB gave me a warning because it couldn't be verified that she actually said it (Nor could they prove she hadn't). I am no longer comfortable supporting such an Orwellian online landscape and am in search of a new home.

I'm a developmental editor and will be publishing my first horror novel and novelette in the next few months. I'm also a mother and teacher to my young daughter and a wife to my husband of 20 years, who is also a writer. I've run critique groups on FB and many of my writerly friends have become disillusioned with the platform as well. If I dig it here, I'll bring them along. :)

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Cheers!

Nikki

TheMightyAz

Mentor
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to find a nice writing retreat far away from social media. Just a little nook to feather my nest in while enjoying the company of other writers. I generally try to be supportive and uplifting while doing what I can to help my fellow writers learn and grow. Recently, I shared an uplifting quote on FB that was attributed to Frida Kahlo. FB gave me a warning because it couldn't be verified that she actually said it (Nor could they prove she hadn't). I am no longer comfortable supporting such an Orwellian online landscape and am in search of a new home.

I'm a developmental editor and will be publishing my first horror novel and novelette in the next few months. I'm also a mother and teacher to my young daughter and a wife to my husband of 20 years, who is also a writer. I've run critique groups on FB and many of my writerly friends have become disillusioned with the platform as well. If I dig it here, I'll bring them along. :)

Cheers!

Nikki
Just the thing I'm looking for! Welcome to the forum. :)

Phoenix Rose

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. <3
Stop Motion Love GIF by Mochimochiland

Phoenix Rose

Yes, I'm scratching around the ground, trying to get a feel for the earth beneath my feet. :) So far I really like the layout and options. I used to run a PHPBB gaming forum in the long, long ago and I've always preferred this format. I've been away from it for too many years and it is sooooo much better than FB groups. Thank you for the welcome! :)

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
From your introductory post above, and a few of your comments I've come across in other threads, you'll fit into this family very comfortably. :) You've already "Liked" a few of my posts, which assures me of your intelligence and flawless taste. ;-)

There is a wonderful, supportive camaraderie here that I've never seen as immersively present in other forums. Welcome. :)

Phoenix Rose

From your introductory post above, and a few of your comments I've come across in other threads, you'll fit into this family very comfortably. :) You've already "Liked" a few of my posts, which assures me of your intelligence and flawless taste. ;-)

There is a wonderful, supportive camaraderie here that I've never seen as immersively present in other forums. Welcome. :)

Clearly flawless. :) Thanks for the welcome!

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hi everyone,

Cheers!

Nikki
Glad that you've found us. FB can be good for somethings - but in the end many conversations descend and become shouting matches. I believe that an open media site like that shouldn't be censored - with the single exception being hate speech or profanity. Unfortunately what is considered 'hate speech' is debatable these days.

I have a personal account that I connect with other bikers with, and an author site as well, but am uncertain if that exposure helps my book sales or not. I often post quotes on the 'story' board - but use BrainyQuote or GoodReads as my source and haven't had problems.

This is a good place filled with kind and knowledgeable people that share a passion for writing. Again, I'm glad that you're here - and welcome.