Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Howdy (1 Viewer)

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Ah...so something good HAS come out of the pandemic. I started writing my first novel just as the Pandemic hit in January 2020. I'm almost finished, now so I guess I can thank this break from routine for that.

I also did not know what I was doing, so I joined this community and found an amazing support system and tons of free advice. I'm sure you will find the same. Welcome to the forum Nate!

LCLee

Financial Supporter
Welcome aboard. We all have to go through a learning curve either in school learning our craft or making the mistakes and understanding the correction. Both are good, but you're unlikely to forget things you learn the hard way.
So get your minimum requirements completed—for the forum—and let’s see your work. Hopefully, we can give some positive input.

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
For me, being in a writers' community helps keep me motivated, so I don't slack off for long periods. LOL I've been in a few, and settled here. Friendly, VERY low drama, trolls and spam not tolerated. Plus, quite a few experienced writers open to sharing their experiences and their tips. It's a helpful, giving group of writers. Welcome and enjoy. :)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
I would have thought your comment about 'discussing the craft' would have drawn comment from TheMightyAz, he has started some excellent threads on writing craft you might think worth checking out. Welcome to the forum, hope to see you around.

PS. I too took advantage of lockdown to write up an idea I have been fooling around with for years, but never treated seriously before.

TheMightyAz

Mentor
I would have thought your comment about 'discussing the craft' would have drawn comment from TheMightyAz, he has started some excellent threads on writing craft you might think worth checking out. Welcome to the forum, hope to see you around.

PS. I too took advantage of lockdown to write up an idea I have been fooling around with for years, but never treated seriously before.
I've only just seen this comment. You're a gentleman, sir.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hey everybody, I'm Nate.

I've been writing on and off for a decade mainly as a hobby, almost exclusively just worldbuilding, but at the start of the pandemic I realized I have a story in me that I want to get out. I've been working on that project for a year now and have had my bouts of confidence and procrastination, feeling like I have no idea what I'm doing, but it doesn't make me want to write any less so I try to keep at it.

I've never been involved in any writing communities or challenges, but recently I've felt like it would be good to contribute to and benefit from discussing the craft, so here I am. I'll try to be more than just a lurker!
Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Watch out though, writing can be addictive. After you publish your first, the story dam breaks and another tale will step forward, demanding to be told.

After I published my first book (an autobiography), I felt great... then a reader sent a message, asking what happened next? I took that as a huge compliment, and dutifully wrote the next book.

Beyond that, an avalanche of stories waited.

Writing is the best of addictions though, and I absolutely love the craft and process.