Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Howdy from a, mostly, fantasy writer :) (1 Viewer)

Hey y'all!

Super excited to be on here and become a better writer! I have one question already, which perhaps anyone reading this can answer: If I wish to post short paragraphs of my own writing to get some simple feedback - is that possible, and if yes, where do I do that? Thanks in advance!

Otherwise, I'm gonna be hanging out in the different "rooms" and interact with my fellow authors :)

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager
Hi from another mostly fantasy writer :) If you want to post something, try this link: https://www.writingforums.com/forums/11-Fiction-Workshop

However you need something like 10 posts to start threads there, so your best bet for now is maybe to critique others' works to build your count up. Doesn't matter your experience level, there's nothing as handy as knowing someone else has read your work. This is a pretty active forum and a reputation as a good critiquer will stand you in good stead.

ehbowen

Hey y'all!

Super excited to be on here and become a better writer! I have one question already, which perhaps anyone reading this can answer: If I wish to post short paragraphs of my own writing to get some simple feedback - is that possible, and if yes, where do I do that? Thanks in advance!

Otherwise, I'm gonna be hanging out in the different "rooms" and interact with my fellow authors :)

Hi, there. Yes, you can post requesting feedback, but you would be best advised to do so in the "Workshops"...which you can't see right now. But keep hanging out here, and when you get to 10 posts the workshops will open up.

Tiamat

Patron
Hey hey! I write a lot of fantasy too, and I'll echo what the others said about the workshop. Hope to see you around the boards. :)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Welcome to the forum, writing discussion is a good place to build up your first ten posts and pick up a few tips along the way.

When you get there posting short pieces is a good idea for getting feedback, a large block of writing can be a bit daunting if you want to give a real critique.