Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

How to Write Good :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeyboy_esq

Sounds legit... :cool2:

How to Write Good pic_funny.jpg

Sir-KP

Okay, help me with point 2.

"Prepositions are not words to end sentences with."

Start with sentence above alone. How would you correct that?

luckyscars

WF Veterans
Okay, help me with point 2.

"Prepositions are not words to end sentences with."

Start with sentence above alone. How would you correct that?

I'm pretty sure the whole 'don't end sentences with prepositions' axiom has been rendered defunct in most mainstream literature by now. I see it being broken all the time, together with beginning sentences with conjunctions. Blame the schools.

If you were to revise that sentence to be 'correct' you would probably write it:

Prepositions are not words with which to end sentences.

The problem being that nobody talks that way.

epimetheus

Friends of WF
... together with beginning sentences with conjunctions.

I thought that was one of those 'rules' taught to children only because it is difficult to execute well. Which means kids never get the chance to practice doing it and grow up thinking it is an absolute rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.