Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

how to attract women (1 Viewer)

Gofa

Friends of WF
You young fool, pointing at the obvious and then using logic to support your argument. Dont you know this but leads to the fridge
Oh yee of small knowledge. You have to pay the ferry man or you will never get to the other side of the river.

Actually better to file this under 'keeping them attracted'. Think of it as an advanced course after passing attracting 101

Phil Istine

Staff member
Global Moderator
If you're talking about toilet seats, here's my question: why are men expected (and required) to put the seat back down? I mean, when a man walks into a bathroom and the toilet seat is down, he needs to do two things (if going for a number 1): lift the seat and put it back down after finishing. That's strenuous. When a woman walks in, she doesn't lift it nor put it down; she just sits. Where's the equality there?

Absolutely! They never leave the seat up for us.

Patrick

WF Veterans
If you're talking about toilet seats, here's my question: why are men expected (and required) to put the seat back down? I mean, when a man walks into a bathroom and the toilet seat is down, he needs to do two things (if going for a number 1): lift the seat and put it back down after finishing. That's strenuous. When a woman walks in, she doesn't lift it nor put it down; she just sits. Where's the equality there?

You fool! Leaving the toilet seat down is one of the many signs of fealty that will reward you with shared bed and bread.

dither

WF Veterans
Y'know?
Something of a revelation, not.
Listening to tracks by Adele and Ellie Goulding, god i hate their tracks but they come clean at least.
You just have to win your woman and it's never ending.
So glad i'm old.

aj47

(he/him)
WF Veterans
My tuppence. I've been married twice. The first time for five years, the second time 25 years, 6 days and counting. I'm still attracted to my husband. There are many reasons, but I think they all fall under the umbrella of caring. He cares about and for me. How my day's going, how I like to be touched, what kind of books I like to read, what I'm doing, who I'm hanging out with when it's not him. I don't mean he smothers me or stalks me, but he's interested in my happiness and well-being.

As for attracting a woman you haven't met yet, well, let me tell you about how he met me. He was doing something he enjoyed. And I was among the women who were engaged in the same activity. The particular activity was attending a science fiction convention. My story isn't unique. Get out in the world and do what you enjoy and you'll meet the right person. This also works for women who want to attract men.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Yep, attracting people means being attractive to them. People doing things they are enjoying are generally more attractive than people doing things they hate, there is frowning versus smiling for a start. If you are with a group of people all doing something they enjoy that is double bubble; BINGO!

dither

WF Veterans
Mr.Buckle,
you are right of course so how do i stop frowning?
More importantly, what is this word that i keep seeing? "smiling".
What IS that?
Might google it some time.

bookmasta

WF Veterans
Honestly, you cant win everyone and in the goal of a relationship you shouldn't try to do so. You only need one person to like you and for you to like them. The best way to do that is by developing yourself through your own passions and life experiences. From my relationships over the years I've learned a few things. Yes, treat a girl with respect. Yes, be a gentleman. Yes, be aware of her own needs and treat her like your queen, but that goes both ways as well. However, don't be a pushover (the cliché nice guy). Don't try to be someone you're not to impress her. Don't smother her so much that she feels like she has no space, either. Above all else, always be honest with yourself and her as well. The rest is irrelevant. For almost everyone there will eventually be at least once another that ends up going, 'hey, I think I kind of really like this person.'

Last edited:

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Mr.Buckle,
you are right of course so how do i stop frowning?
More importantly, what is this word that i keep seeing? "smiling".
What IS that?
Might google it some time.

You know when you don't notice and get on the queue with the young lady on the checkout and she says 'Thank you' and looks at you in a way that makes you want to drop through the floor with embarrassment !? That look, with the corners of the mouth turned up and narrowed eyes, is what is called 'smiling'. When it goes with the funny noise though is when they are laughing at you.

Reichelina

Absolutely! They never leave the seat up for us.

I am a girl and I always leave the seat up after I use it.
I only close the lid when I'm about to shower.

Omg. I'm a man!! Hahaha.

I've noticed that acting like you don't care attracts more attention than pretending to care.

Hipster chicks bump into me on purpose, people want to have conversations...

I think the focus should be attracting ONE woman, not multiple!

The highlight of my only 'date' was clinging to her arm on the roller coaster when I was masterfully controlling my diaphragm to avoid vomiting. I've been sick before, so I've had practice. Ohh that the both the WORST and the BEST ten minutes of my life.

Well, again, I'm a girl. And personally, I liked the "bad" boys. Not bad, but the "confident" ones.
But that is not deliberately. I guess, some "nice" guys are too shy to even ask a girl out or something.

I want a guy who takes the lead and who can take control.
I need to be able to respect the guy and eventually submit to him.
Just like how the bible presents a relationship between a woman and a man should be.

So I guess, be nice and confident. Haha.

"We will all laugh at gilded butterflies."

Phil Istine

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well, again, I'm a girl. And personally, I liked the "bad" boys. Not bad, but the "confident" ones.
But that is not deliberately. I guess, some "nice" guys are too shy to even ask a girl out or something.

I want a guy who takes the lead and who can take control.
I need to be able to respect the guy and eventually submit to him.

The problem comes with the girls who don't know how to say 'no thank you' with good grace, but prefer to mock and put a guy down for asking. They are a problem for women as well as men because the 'nicer' guys might stop asking in case of a repeat from someone else.

Reichelina

The problem comes with the girls who don't know how to say 'no thank you' with good grace, but prefer to mock and put a guy down for asking. They are a problem for women as well as men because the 'nicer' guys might stop asking in case of a repeat from someone else.

Well, there you go.
Another weed out.

If a guy doesn't have the courage in case I reject him, he won't have the courage to be with me through thick and thin. Love starts when the sparks are gone.

And guys who take risks for that thing they want most are so sexy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread