Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

how to attract women (2 Viewers)

dither

WF Veterans
I totally agree. Put yourself out there and mix. "Out there" being where you're most likely to meet the kind of woman that you're looking for.
And having said that, it could happen anywhere.

Life eh?

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
I don't think you have to be too particular about the environment from the woman's point of view. Pick somewhere you can relax and be yourself, so long as it isn't an all male environment there will be women there, and you only want one good one, not lots of the right sort. Well you do if you are over eighteen, have any sense, and a desire to survive. My experience is there is someone out there who will find you just right, no matter how weird the rest think you, and like Bourke and Hare, or Lennon and McCartney, they have a habit of finding each other given half a chance.

Gofa

Friends of WF
122 posts with this one the count is 123

have any women been attracted here yet or is it so far so bad ?

this thread is about attracting women and i am not seeing a large pool of women irresistibly drawn here

perhaps we should start some intra thread topics on needle point or .................

oh dear after a long pause I have to accept i have no idea on topics that would attract women

i know my wife says that i hardly ever listen to anything she says

well she says something like that, I am pretty sure.

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
LMAO!!! Seriously can't stop laughin'.. This thread IS supposed to be amusing... right??? Right???

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
OOOooohhhh... sorry... well I can offer my 2 cents worth ... but it is really worth less than 2 cents...

Sam

General
Patron
How to attract women?

Show no interest in them at all. It's oxymoronic, but it works, especially if you're the type of person who goes about their life with a sense of drive and vigour.

Oh, and stop putting them on pedestals. Seriously, stop doing that. Women aren't angelic creatures that you treat like queens. All that will get you in this day and age is being someone's sugar daddy.

dither

WF Veterans
How to attract women?

Show no interest in them at all. It's oxymoronic, but it works, especially if you're the type of person who goes about their life with a sense of drive and vigour.

Oh, and stop putting them on pedestals. Seriously, stop doing that. Women aren't angelic creatures that you treat like queens. All that will get you in this day and age is being someone's sugar daddy or treated like an arse-wipe.

I totally agree but not showing interest in someone who is driving you nuts isn't easy. Many years ago when i went out on Saturday nights, there would be young women in most pubs. I'd often find a way to say a few words, break the ice some how, be casual about it then just drift off, play pool or something, and leave them to it really.

But Sam is right.

Having said that, some women like to be pursued, turn it into a game, and would have a bloke jumping through hoops. They're not worth the attention imo.

Apologies for editing your post Sam.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
OOHhhh... sheeeit... I was tryin not to.... but damn... Ok, I can Only speak for me... and I am freeeaky...soo watchit...Acting like I don't exist... well, that does NOT work for me.. I WANT to know you are interested in me.. I like that. Anyway...

dither

WF Veterans
122 posts with this one the count is 123

have any women been attracted here yet or is it so far so bad ?

this thread is about attracting women and i am not seeing a large pool of women irresistibly drawn here

perhaps we should start some intra thread topics on needle point or .................

oh dear after a long pause I have to accept i have no idea on topics that would attract women

i know my wife says that i hardly ever listen to anything she says

well she says something like that, I am pretty sure.

I would have expected a comment or three from the fairer ones. Conspicuous by their absence.
A penny for their thoughts on the matter.

Sam

General
Patron
OOHhhh... sheeeit... I was tryin not to.... but damn... Ok, I can Only speak for me... and I am freeeaky...soo watchit...Acting like I don't exist... well, that does NOT work for me.. I WANT to know you are interested in me.. I like that. Anyway...

So tell them you're interested in them.

Guys have to initiate contact, have to make a good first impression, have to avoid coming across as creepy, have to say some interesting, have to say something funny, and most of the time they will be rejected.

And, being the writers we are, we should know that it hurts to be rejected. After a while, guys get scared not of the approach but of the dread of rejection. That's why they don't come out and tell someone that they're interested. Because 80 - 90% of the time, it ends with, "Sorry, while we really enjoyed your manuscript, we regrettably cannot take you on at the moment."

Firemajic

Poetry Mentor
Staff member
Senior Mentor
Sam... yeah, I understand that... But most women ... no, some women have also been rejected...sooo...

dither

WF Veterans
So tell them you're interested in them.

Guys have to initiate contact, have to make a good first impression, have to avoid coming across as creepy, have to say some interesting, have to say something funny, and most of the time they will be rejected.

And, being the writers we are, we should know that it hurts to be rejected. After a while, guys get scared not of the approach but of the dread of rejection. That's why they don't come out and tell someone that they're interested. Because 80 - 90% of the time, it ends with, "Sorry, while we really enjoyed your manuscript, we regrettably cannot take you on at the moment."

Right again.

Reactions: Sam

Users who are viewing this thread