Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

how to attract women (1 Viewer)

Crowley K. Jarvis

WF Veterans
I think bazz may have something there.
I have never been comfortable around women and they find that creepy, it's not good.

It really is about self-esteem, love yourself.
Yeah right, easy to say huh.

Eh, I love myself. Doesn't help much because I don't have bravado and don't show myself off in public.

Perhaps I treat women a little TOO comfortably, and they also find that creepy.

dither

WF Veterans
I once over-heard a conversation between two young women regarding the boy-friend of one of them.
It went something like this,,,

" Yeah, he's an arrogant bastard, i love him".

Conclusion;
Girls love cars, money and arrogant bastards.
So the good guys really are losers.

Crowley K. Jarvis

WF Veterans
I once over-heard a conversation between two young women regarding the boy-friend of one of them.
It went something like this,,,

" Yeah, he's an arrogant bastard, i love him".

Conclusion;
Girls love cars, money and arrogant bastards.
So the good guys really are losers.

The closest I come is a strong tendency to be narcissistic. They seem to think it's cute.

-shrug-

I don't have money so I'm hoping that gets me somewhere.

Patrick

WF Veterans
If you're afraid of being human around a woman, you may as well never talk to one. Just accept you're going to make mistakes; it's a lot more endearing than being robotic and clinical, which, if accomplished, will just make you look like a psychopath. Women know by now that we're not very good (especially the British) at initiating anything. The fact you managed to introduce yourself without falling over is a minor miracle, boys, so give yourself a pat on the back for being a boss and squirreling out that handshake and "hello".

When I was a spotty teen my voice broke in the middle of talking to a popular girl, so I laughed and said, "Sorry, that's the other one trying to come out." I was called a legend, opposed to being bullied for the rest of my life.

If it's going badly, just keep telling yourself it only takes a second in extra time *groan but lol*. However you do it, just make her laugh once, at some point.

dither

WF Veterans
Patrick,
you are right of course.
I've just grown very bitter and resentful of my failings with old age.

The one thing that i would say is BOYS, work it out cos if you don't your lives will be hell.

If you find a girl attractive you just have to tell her. I just couldn't do that.

Patrick

WF Veterans
Patrick,
you are right of course.
I've just grown very bitter and resentful of my failings with old age.

The one thing that i would say is BOYS, work it out cos if you don't your lives will be hell.

If you find a girl attractive you just have to tell her. I just couldn't do that.

This is a much more sensible approach than arrogance. It takes humility to tell a girl you're fond of her. Be gentle, be kind, laugh at yourself and life. You'll have something about you if you can do that. And don't waste your time on the self-love rubbish. Just fill your life with loving others; you'll leave the least amount of room as you can for self-dismissal.

bazz cargo

Retired Supervisor
FYI
There was an experiment carried out on UKTV. A hunk with a sports car v a regular guy with a puppy. The Puppy won.

Take a dog for a walk and make a fuss of other walker's dogs. Don't be biased with genders, a lot of men have sisters.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Join a computer class, they will almost all be female, men would never admit ignorance in such a sphere. During the coffee breaks listen and nod agreement, ask questions sometimes, but never correct them; in other words treat them like women treat men they fancy, they won't know what's happening.

midnightpoet

WF Veterans
You might as well go for it, you may wonder later if she is the right one. I've been married 36 years and I'm still not sure.:glee:

But she's Felix to my Oscar. She likes things neat and organized. Can goods all in a row on the shelf, labels to the front, separated by corn, peas, ect. She describes my closet as "strangled spaghetti." I dare not mess with her work desk. If I move a pencil two inches she'll know it. When I try to help with her stuff I never do it right. But somehow it works.

Ironically my first wife was a slob like me, the only reason that the marriage failed was (according to her) my Johnson didn't give her satisfaction.

Actually I think I'm the last guy to be giving dating advice, so take this with a salt shaker full of salt.:p

Phil Istine

Staff member
Global Moderator
Back in the days when I was a total slob, my girlfriend wanted me in her bed every night - (we lived together).
Years later, when living with someone else, I looked after myself much better. I was consigned to the spare room.
These days? I'm a semi-slob and live on my own.
Far simpler.
Some sex would be nice though.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Back in the days when I was a total slob, my girlfriend wanted me in her bed every night - (we lived together).
Years later, when living with someone else, I looked after myself much better. I was consigned to the spare room.
These days? I'm a semi-slob and live on my own.
Far simpler.
Some sex would be nice though.
The older we get the more we snore :)

LeeC

WF Veterans
The older we get the more we snore :)
It's not just snoring ;-) I still occasionally have dreams where I strike out -- a couple years ago I broke a toe striking the wall. So there's many times when I slept with the dogs, and even they keep their distance :) Then with needing an adjustable foam bed for medical reasons, one gets used to sleeping alone. Hasn't hurt our marriage, both understanding life's path.

LeeC

WF Veterans
"It's not the men in my life that count, it's the life in my men." ~ Mae West

"A man can be short and dumpy and getting bald but if he has fire, women will like him." ~ Mae West

Kevin

WF Veterans
Get yourself a puppy, a big hunk, and a sports car. Maybe some snappy duds; and bathe often. I think that helps. I think women like it if you don't smell bad. I know the rest of us like it.

belthagor

And you might just be surprised.

Please enlighten me.

i bought a new double sized bed about 6 months ago and i wonder why i never bought a single...maybe i'm an optimist and not a pessimist in all things...

I'd probably get a slightly smaller one... big enough for two people, but small enough so you have to be closer to each-other.... is this a bad idea?

dither

WF Veterans
They are out there belthagor, but how long must a person wait? How long CAN a person wait?
That is the question.

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
but how long must a person wait?
Waiting does not progress any sort of progress, to get anywhere you must move.

What you want is not just 'someone', it is someone who is looking for someone like you, so look for somewhere you can be yourself around women. The long term outcomes of being available for a woman to choose you must have a better chance than starting with what she looks like and you chatting her up.

That sentence went on a long way :)

Users who are viewing this thread