Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

How many? (1 Viewer)

lisajane

I don't read a certain amount of books per week, month, year. Depends on how interested I am in the book I'm reading, how long the book is, how much time I use on reading it...

Manx

Depends on time - used to be 2 a week, now it's more like 2 a month. Interestingly my writing has also decreased to similar amounts per month, whereas when I was reading lots I was spitting out a couple of stories a week (although in my personal opinion not writing quite so often has improved the quality). Reading makes a lot of difference to how you write, or it does for me anyway.

Nickie

WF Veterans
Really depends on the time I have. Sometimes one book a week, sometimes two.
I'm reading more now that I'm writing again. The one goes with the other, I guess.

Nickie

speculative

I only managed to read one book in the last 3 years, due to grad school... Usually, I read fairly slowly, as I like to get really wrapped up in the story. For me, it's quality, not quantity, in everything in life.

When I get wrapped up in a series or trilogy, etc., I usually read about one book every few weeks. I read The Hobbit in one day, and that's my record.

Kane

As the books I read are all of different length, and I am very busy with school, I don't have a set amount. However, I read every day. With novels, I always read them from start to finish whenever I have a spare moment, provided the books interests me. Normally they do, I have only had to stop reading a few books in my life. In addition to novels and short stories, I have up to 5 or 6 different non-fiction books laying around at various stages of being read. I pick one up whenever I can.

LoneWolf

I've read probably 45 books in the last year. I know this because they wanted me to list all the books I've read in the past year for this college thing, and so I did. Crazy, huh?

Ralizah

I'd say three or four per year. Sometimes a book will make me reflect on a single chapter for a month before I continue. Reading a good book is a spiritual experience for me.