Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

How Long Did It Take... (1 Viewer)

How long did it take you to write the first draft of perhaps your best screenplay? It took me well over a month and I got 135 pages out of it, and I was amazed at the quality I had put into it and the emotion that came out.

S

silverwriter

My best, and only I'm afraid, play took me a week to write. And I mean a solid week of writing, editing, etc. Of course I did a lot of revamping in the next month of practice. Then again, mine wasn't nearly the length of yours.

Chris

If I furiously outline my script and am very passionate about my story, then usually 2-3 weeks. It's really the planning that takes me the longest, which I personally think is very essential when writing screenplays - at least for me.