Writingforums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

How it all went to Hell Revisited:*EXPLICIT LANGUAGE WARNING (1 Viewer)

Burnz

Hi again folks. I rewrote this in the correct format now (I hope).
Not finished with it yet, but nearing it each day. I have quite a bit more that I'm not posting right now.

Act 1, Scene 1

An apartment on East 39th Street-The Bedroom

(CHRISTIAN AND KAREN ARE FOLDING CLOTHES ON THEIR BED)

CHRISTIAN:You should wear this one when you go to Brazil, Karen!

(CHRISTIAN holds up a hot pink bikini)

CHRISTIAN: It really accentuates your ass and your boobs look great in it too!

KAREN: Ohhh! I really like that one too! It's soooo comfortable. I don't know why I would wear this in Brazil though, without you there to appreciate it, it's pointless.

(KAREN flips her hair with a shake of her head)

CHRISTIAN: The boys in South America are going to be hot and bothered for you. They dont get to see many women with blonde hair. Besides, it'll give you a chance to experiment if you have any desires to do so before we get married in six months.

(CHRISTIAN holds Karen’s hands in his and looks into her eyes)

CHRISTIAN: Once we say "I do" that means its just you and I. I want to make sure that you don't have any reservations about us.

KAREN: I don't have any reservations or regrets about us, Christian. I just am having a hard time following where you are going with this conversation. What are you saying you want me to do or think I'll do this summer?

(KAREN sits next to CHRISTIAN on the bed)

CHRISTIAN: I just have been having some weird feelings about us lately Karen. I know that I love you and I know that you love me, but it feels as if I'm missing something in my life and I want to make sure there isn't anything clouding my thoughts once we decide this is it. Are you following me?

KAREN: What is missing in your life Christian? What do you think it is that you need to explore before we get married?

(CHRISTIAN gives KAREN apprehensive look, then starts pacing back and forth)

CHRISTIAN: I have been having thoughts and questions about my sexuality Karen. I want to make sure that I have that out of my system so I can spend the rest of my life with you with no doubts in my mind. We both owe each other that much.

KAREN: What exactly are you trying to say? Are you telling me that you want to suck some guy's cock or fuck them in the ass?? Is that what you want to say? Christ I can't believe you!!

(KAREN tosses an arm full of clothes at CHRISTIAN)

CHRISTIAN: I'm telling you that I don't know what I want. All I know is that I don't want to feel like I'm missing something because that will be disaster for our relationship.

(CHRISTIAN stops pacing)

KAREN: I want to go into this marriage with nothing holding either of us back too, it's just really hard for me to hear you talking like this. I'm mean, how the am I supposed to feel good about us when you are telling me you might want to bang other people, especially a guy? It makes me feel like you don't want to really marry me. Also, I am very threatened because a guy can give you something I can't.

CHRISTIAN: I love you Karen. There has always been a bond between us that I don't think anything could sever. Your way of thinking is unique and refreshing, but at the same time it can be so goddamn aggravating. I'm a big believer in looking at pros and cons to break a relationship down, especially if they are interested in being together for the rest of their lives. I have wanted to marry you for the past three years, Karen. I've been the happiest since we've been engaged.

KAREN: Christian, I just don't have a good feeling about this. I mean, do you think our relationship is strong enough to actually survive this type of event? I have never liked the idea of you with another women, but imagining you with a guy would be even harder for me to handle. I just wish we wouldn't have to have this fucking conversation! I want to marry the man I first fell for. I want us to be the way we were before this conversation, I just don't know how I'll feel after this summer now. If anything happens while I'm gone it'll feel like coming home to a different man.

CHRISTIAN: I can't predict the future. I hope that nothing will change how we are with each other. It's not like this is anything new Karen, this has always been a part of me.

(CHRISTIAN pulls KAREN to him with one arm)

CHRISTIAN: If I do decide to experiment while you are gone though, I will make sure I let you know. I know this is hard for you to hear all this shit Karen, but I have to let you know what is churning through my head every single day.

KAREN: I still can't believe we are having this conversation! I mean you are so nonchalant about the whole subject. If you had told me, "Hon, I think I'll dye my hair a lighter color" I could understand the casual tone you are using. But, NO! You have just matter of factly told me, "I think I'm gay and I want to try taking a steady diet of cock in my asshole." So, can you see it from my point of view for once or are you just going to keep looking at the world from behind your blinders? That's all I'm asking of you right now.

CHRISTIAN: Calm down now, Karen. I'm sorry I had to bring this topic up right before you are due to leave for Brazil, but I needed to say something to you. I hope that you will just work this out with me this summer. I feel that we will be able to work through this, just like we have worked through everything else. After this summer, you'll see that it was all worth it. I think we will be closer after this summer.

KAREN: Oh, you do? I sure as fuck don't feel that any good is going to come from this.
I mean, Jesus Christ, what the fuck is wrong with you today?

(KAREN starts crying and wiping at her eyes with a piece of laundry)

KAREN: I feel like I'm in the middle of the twilight zone here.

(A CAR horn sounds in the distance)

KAREN: I have to go, that's my cab. I have to get the hell out of here. I can't stand to look at you right now!!

(KAREN grabs her suitcase and storms out of the room in a rush, slamming the door hard behind her. CHRISTIAN hurries over to the door and puts his head against it. Scene fades to blackness)

Users who are viewing this thread