Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

How I got my break... (1 Viewer)

B

batesy

Howdy All,

I've put some stuff on my blog about how I got my first deal.

I'm not sure if I should continue updating the info, but will if anyone finds the info at all useful.

Please take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

David Siudzinski

I agree. Only those that can continually produce quality work, and "original" ideas, can be successful screenwriters. You're story is an interesting one. Might I ask what fun show you got the oppurtunity to work on?

B

batesy

David, I worked on a show called 'Always Greener'. I think it lasted three seasons - can't say I ever saw any of the finished episodes though! Apparently it rated through the roof in the beginning, then faded during the first series. No surprise with creative meetings that suggested we ... "could introduce an evil twin brother".

Still makes me shiver....

Kimba

Admittedly, I was never a fan of the show. It was a bit too silly for my liking. McLeod's Daughters, on the other hand, ... ;)

However, I reckon it's great to see someone actually making it in the Australian film and TV industry considering how competitive it is these days. Good on ya! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread