Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

how far are you!?! (1 Viewer)

Crazy_dude6662

i know its a little early to be asking but as the title suggests the question is How Far Are You!?!

so far im roughly 4250 words im working at breakneck speed, for awhile i couldnt see the screen....only smoke :p

S

silverwriter

Hee hee. For all my bravado, I do believe I am in last place...

S

silverwriter

There is your reason to quit nano. *grin*

BTW, if you quit nano, I will hunt you down.

*evil laugh*

Pendulum

I have been told that zero is not a number but a concept. So as for my number of words i will have to say I do not have a number but a concept. That sounds better.

Brightside

Erm, a mighty 87 words before i realised i had no clue as how to start it...

This is going to be a long month.

S

silverwriter

I'm almost to my first 1000 words. I highly reccommend using real people if no one is going to read it. Helps me out a lot. Also a lot of fun... *wicked grin*

bobothegoat

Brightside said:

Heh. Didn't stop me. I just committed a writing sin and described the setting and whatnot without actually getting into the story. :oops:

I

Italiano

When Rico left this morning, he had about 13.5k.

Possibly he's written more.

white-wolf

Brightside said:

LOL I have about 180 words. Like you, I had no idea how to start and then I had a brainstorm. No-one else is going to read the first draft, right? I mean, it's a write like Hell and hang the consequences, right? So, start with something that'll just help you get into the meat of the matter. Something like -- 'Once Upon a Time in a Galaxy Far, Far away,' or 'OK, my story starts here and ...' You know, something like that?

My first paragraph, therefore, reads:
This story takes place after a biological disaster has proven that humanity is flawed. What was the disaster? That’s not important right now. Let us suffice to say that most of the human population of earth is now dead. At least, the lucky ones are. The unlucky ones are not quite dead but, to be honest, they are not quite alive, either. But the really unlucky ones are alive, and are struggling to remain that way.
So, this is my opening. It's an opening that will never get into a completed novel but it does put some black scrawls on the white page :)

Hodge

pliable
I've already written the entire thing. 50,000 thousand words, baby! Here's a sample:

"All work and no play makes Josh a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Josh a dull boy.
All work and no play makes Josh a dull boy.​

All work and no play makes Josh a dull boy."

How do you like it?

Talia_Brie

Can I depress you all?

I know someone who wrote 17,000 wrds yesterday, at least that's what she claims.

Her eyes are sore and her hands have turned into claws, but she ripped out 2,000 wrds an hour.

OMFG!