Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

How Did You Come By Your User Name? (1 Viewer)

Darren White

co-owner and admin
Staff member
Co-Owner
My name in Dutch...from a time when life was Dutch...and good...and when I was little and could speak Dutch. And now I can only count to ten in perfect Dutch and say 'shit' and 'sausages' in Dutch.

This is almost a poem
And by the way, sausages is a far better word than worst...

TheMightyAz

My name in Dutch...from a time when life was Dutch...and good...and when I was little and could speak Dutch. And now I can only count to ten in perfect Dutch and say 'shit' and 'sausages' in Dutch.

[video=youtube;nVhcuA62rwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVhcuA62rwU&ab_channel=EnglandBoxing[/video]

BabesJJ

This is a very cool question. I am using this aunt who died of brain cancer at 23. It is her middle name. She died when I was 5 years old but I loved her very much. I am kinda trying it out as my writers name. I googled Louise Voillemin and there was no internet blather attached to it so I thought I would use it. My husband suggested the name VIolette which i think is a very hip name. But I liked Louise because it was a bit boring almost. We tried out various names with Cowboy like Violette Cowboy. But it made me sound like an exotic dancer. We have a Corgi whom we love and his name is Cowboy. I am thinking of a book of poetry of called "My Sister is in Prison". or a detective series on inglorious death. I have started a novel about an over weight man who is an ice fisherman and wears a hat with ear flaps and saw a mermaid as a child who he searched for the rest of his life.

druid12000

Many years ago, I read Morgan Llywelyn's awesome historical fiction novel Druids and wanted to incorporate the word in an online name. I tried many variations on several sites and all were taken (apparently druids were VERY popular), so I got pissed off and put druid12000...there take that you bastards! And they did. And here I am :cool:

BabesJJ

I later realized I am the walking uncool as usual. I mistook Pen Name for user name. And I thought of it later. So if I could pick a cooler user name on this site. I would take the name of one of my first childhood pets named Babes and a street I grew up on as a child. Hwy JJ. or just double J for short for JJ. So my hypothetically missed chance user name would be Babes JJ.

ehbowen

It's my name. A contraction of my real name, Eric H. Bowen. I made the considered decision back during the days of CompuServe and VICmodems that I would not conceal my identity online. With very limited exceptions (mostly for sites which require in their Terms Of Service that you NOT use your real identity), I never have. Yes, I understand that there are very real risks to this decision; I accept the risks.

TuesdayEve

Friends of WF
The words came from one of my special ed students
several years ago. Every morning he’d get on the bus
and proclaim the day. If it was Monday morning, he’d
announce, happy Tuesday Eve! He was right, it was
Tuesday eve. For a while I wondered what was his
inspiration, my very brilliant deduction, deduced
Christmas of course....the meaning of ’eve’ had clicked
for him.

Hewlett

I looked over at a Hewlett-Packard box that was a few feet away from me and thought Hew was the better sounding option.

I had the movie Hiding Out (1987) in mind starring (John Cryer). He's a stockbroker on the run from the mob, so he ends up hiding out at his cousin's house, and even enrolling in highschool. When asked by the school secretary what his name was: he spotted a Maxwell House coffee can nearby and went with Maxwell Hauser.

indianroads

Staff member
Board Moderator
Tiamat is an ancient Babylonian goddess of primordial chaos. When her offspring murder her mate, she transforms herself into a dragon and goes to war with them.

Granted, I'm not so narcissistic as to think myself a goddess, and I wouldn't exactly call myself particularly chaotic, either. Mostly, I think dragons are super cool and I adore mythology.
Interesting... the FMC in my current novel is named Eris, the Greek goddess of chaos.

John C. Denton

It was either my real name or Ophiuchus.

I picked my real name because I figured if I'm going to be a published author, my name will be on the cover of my books anyway. There will probably even be a little bio in the back leaf about me. So why not use my real name here?

As for Ophiuchus, that's my favourite of the characters I've invented. He's an insane AI named after the Greek god, also called "the Serpent Bearer."

Takeaway Junkie

It's really cool reading your choices, it was a lovely read!

I'm The Takeaway Junkie because I work in a Takeaway, a small family owned shop in England. This is also the title of the first book i'm working on. I have always felt people view Chinese people in a takeaway with great stigma and a part of me writes to join this fabulous craft of creating, self deprecating, discipline and release, showing others stories locked inside and that perceptions should change.

Never judge a book by its cover, never judge a person behind the counter. There are many talented people hidden away cooking food, people left behind.

Takeaway Junkie

Users who are viewing this thread