Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Homeland (1 Viewer)

starsofclay

Some mornings, in the dead chill of winter, pa would emerge from the cabin facing the river and declare that it was cold enough to freeze the waterfall. He was always silly like that, around me and lil' Em. We'd giggle and wrap ourselves around his boots; and roaring like a bear, he'd drag us down the wooden stoop and into fresh powdery snow.
Mama would fuss and smother, but it was worth the chilling plunge for the warm blankets and hot cocoa around the fireplace.
Looking back, these are the memories I cherish the most. With schooling came crowded city streets; and the trees here are surrounded by bricks and rails. I miss running through fields of wildflowers and gathering for a long winter. I miss papa's laugh, and the way mama sang like an angel in the kitchen.
Maybe I'll be able to visit in the spring, after the roads melt.
It's been long enough.

Paintings by MindVenture club member Patrick J McCollum. Find us on Facebook!

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
You have an incredible talent for this. The music evokes the loving, nostalgic quality of the prose. I think you can tell by now, I'm a fan. :)

starsofclay

You have an incredible talent for this. The music evokes the loving, nostalgic quality of the prose. I think you can tell by now, I'm a fan. :)
Thank you! I appreciate that so much. Yes I had to keep reminding myself while playing that I wanted that homesick feeling.

I'll get the flac on here soon.