Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hola (1 Viewer)

stoner

What's up everyone? Came across your site while I was surfing around. I love to write and have decided to start a novel for the first time. I've mainly written short stories and poems but have always wanted to write a book.

I am 32 years old and live in sunny Florida. The weather rocks as well as the gorgeous women. I've been a native my entire life.

Anywho, look forward to chit-chatting with you peeps. Stay cool and see you on the forums!

Voodoo

brother, jivemaster
dough in my mouth
nose, puffing bonging
tasting that bud
brother stone,
you got a friend in me
a problem in tree.

stoner

Welcome, stoner. Glad you decided to start a novel. Be prepared for a long but rewarding haul.

Chris

I hear ya. It took me a while to decide which idea to run with. For the longest time I was torn between a Western and a novel about a hit man. I decided to put the Western on hold and go with the latter.

Right now I'm in the planning stages. Currently fleshing out my characters and trying to come up with a good structure. I am excellent with unique and quirky dialogues. I also lack little in the imagination and creative areas. My biggest hurdle will be structure.

I had a book once on fictional story structuring. I forget the name but it had charts that showed you how your story should flow depending on how many protagonists, antagonists and minor characters you had. Wish I still had it.

I'm aware there are many people who will say, "Just write and don't obsess about structure." Personally I feel structure is very important. I've been googling around trying to find a free website that lays out story structures in a manner similiar to the book I once had but I keep coming up with basic, 'Beginning, Middle, End' stuff. If anyone knows of one it would be appreciated.

I've seen software programs for sale that claim to assist novice writers with story structuring and such. May look into one of them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread