Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Historical Fiction Author saying Hello (1 Viewer)

Mared

Morning folks,

greetings from Germany. I am in the process of writing my first novel. It's sooo difficult, but also so rewarding and so much fun, especiall research. :D From early childhood onwards I have been interested in history and I would like to share that knowledge and passion with other people. My current focus is on the early Middle Ages and I am looking forward to visiting the places in person once we can safely travel again.

My learning curve is steep, but I am looking forward to meeting new people and learn everything from writing techniques and plotting to marketing and plublishing. :D

druid12000

Welcome!

Just curious, have you read 'The Doomsday Book' by Connie Willis? It's set partly in the Middle ages during the plague. Good read.

I would also recommend Morgan Llywelyn. She has some wonderful stories.

See you around the boards! :grin: