Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi (1 Viewer)

D

dave1974

Hello all, my name is dave and I live in Surrey England, for years ive wanted to write a book but I cound never put my ideas onto paper, I have so many ideas, I can picture a story from begining to end in my mind, but when I try to put it on paper I fail badly. I hope there are people here that maybee able to help.

=P~:pO:)

Nickie

WF Veterans
Let me be the first to welcome you to Writing Forums, Dave. There will certainly be plenty of people around to give you advice, so don't be afraid to ask for help.

Nickie

terrib

Hey Dave, I am just like you. I have so many stories running through my brain I can't sleep. The only advice I can give is just do it. One word at a time...you will have a chapter before you know it.

flashgordon

Dave, welcome to the forum. Strange, I just assumed those stories in my head were part of reality... I guess I will have to re-evaluate my cognitive features ;)

Hello dave!

I just hate that!! i have so many ideas also.. but when it comes to writing it down its like some divine force is trying to stop me! the computer won't turn on, i have to do the laundry, i don't have a single piece of paper in the house, can't find a pen or pencil, have to feed the dog as soon as i sit down to write, STUDY!!! your exams are tommorrow!!!! (which in reality they are, i'm not supposed to be on the forum right now because of them, lol) but mommy dearest is away!!! when the cat is away the mice will play!!! hehe... watch, she'll walk in the door in like five seconds and find me....

anyways, welcome to the forum!!! hope we can be of help to you!!!

Bella

aexombie

hi dave, welcome to the boards. i could help you if i had the answer to this problem. but no such luck. instead, i take the long road home where one story turns into 2 or 3. or plenty of note jotting happens and the actual story i started doesn't finish until much much later. but too many ideas are better than none.

see ya around :)

D

dave1974

Thanx for your replies, It does my brain in, right now I could picture a full story in full detail, but as soon as I go to write it down on comp I get complete writers block, so ive come to the conclusion GOD hates me lol

D

dave1974

I did manage to write 4 chapters of a book but low and behold, writers block has hit and I cant go forward. Any help would be greatly appreiciated,