Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi (1 Viewer)

lilacstarflower

Well, here i go! My name's Andrea. I'm 24 and decided after a long time that i'm going to write my first book. I stumbled across this site a few months ago but lurked for a while and picked up lots of good information about the world of writing.

So far i have only done the basics of getting started: i have three ideas i'm working on - all from different genres. My main focus right now is a fantasy/sci-fi teen novel (i wont bore you with the details right now). The other two are more for older readers; one being a period novel and the other a sort of rom-com that i'm not taking too seriously but having loads of fun writing.

This post is longer than i was expecting it to be so sorry about that...

One last thing i should probably mention are my favorite books/authors. My influences are Enid Blyton, R.L Stine and Stephen King from my childhood reading. Today i am a massive Jane Austen fan but i enjoy modern writers too like Micheal Crichton and Dan Brown. My "comfort reads" are sense and sensibility, Jayne Eyre and Jurassic park.

I haven't told anyone i know that i'm attempting to write a publishable novel so i thought it would be a good idea to register here - its good to know there are other people out there pursuing their writing dream!

so looking forward to getting to know you :p

Nickie

WF Veterans
Welcome to the forum, Andrea. Did you know that 'Sense and Sensibility' is actually playing on BBC1 right now (on Sunday nights)?

Nickie

lilacstarflower

Hi Nickie! sure do - i'm loving it. I was surprised because i didn't think the Alan Rickman/Emma Thomson one could be outdone. Are you enjoying it?