Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi! (1 Viewer)

silmaril

I'm a 24-year-old computer science student from Finland. I mostly have the intention to write fiction and perhaps poetry, but usually I just end up sketching my fantasy world or something like that instead of actually writing. My genre of choice is fantasy, but I'm also interested in scifi and have written a little something in contemporary style, too. I have done and won NaNoWriMo in 2006, and I intend to take part again this November :)

I seem to be terrible at planning my stories beforehand. I've tried it several times but I always give up after the plot starts to feel unworking and I end up abandoning the whole thing. Every one of my completed works have come into existence through spontaneous writing.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all the people on this seemingly great forum!

DavidGil

Welcome to the forum Silmaril. I can relate on most things you said, but I cannot claim to have had any success yet. ;) I have to finish things first and send them off then it's luck.

Best of luck with NaNoWriMo.