Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi (2 Viewers)

KeganThompson

Hi, I am fairly new to writing. I did fiction writing in jr high/high school but took a long break of about 7 years. (Lol) I recently started drafting a novel, I tried writing a book twice before but this is the farthest I've gotten in the drafting process. I am hoping to get advice and motivation to finish my first draft because the farther I go along the harder it has become. I would like to explore professionally writing one day since I am full of ideas.

vranger

Staff member
Supervisor
Hi Kegan, and welcome to the Forum. :) There are lots of existing threads with great advice on various challenges writers face, and the Writing Discussions forum is always open for you to seek personalized advice. In the Fiction Workshop, you can post part of your work for critique. I've tried out a few forums, and in my opinion, this is the best. Good choice.

KeganThompson

Hi Kegan, and welcome to the Forum. :) There are lots of existing threads with great advice on various challenges writers face, and the Writing Discussions forum is always open for you to seek personalized advice. In the Fiction Workshop, you can post part of your work for critique. I've tried out a few forums, and in my opinion, this is the best. Good choice.
Thank you! Honestly, I go exploring to do, I am also new to forums. But I am looking forward to making friends and having critique partners.

Steve_Rivers

Completing the first one is always the hardest, Kegan, so all of us here know how you feel. The best advice is to be as single-minded as you can be and say "no matter what, this one is getting finished." Believe me, the euphoria you get after finishing the first draft, even knowing it will need rewrites, is immense.

So welcome to the forums, and keep on pushing! :)

KeganThompson

Completing the first one is always the hardest, Kegan, so all of us here know how you feel. The best advice is to be as single-minded as you can be and say "no matter what, this one is getting finished." Believe me, the euphoria you get after finishing the first draft, even knowing it will need rewrites, is immense.

So welcome to the forums, and keep on pushing! :)
Thank you, That is what I keep telling myself!