Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi there! :) (1 Viewer)

babyjenks

Hi there! I'm new here of course :) I'm babyjenks everywhere online, name I bestowed upon myself when I was 14 and I really really liked Anne Rice's books.

English is not my first language, but I've been living in an English-speaking country for a little while. I have started crafting stories before I could write, I used to dictate them to my mother! I've wrote a successful novel in my native language, and I am now trying to finish my first English book. It's not easy: I feel like I miss my voice! But I want to learn, and improve, and that's why I'm here.

A few funny things about myself... well, I am a boring academic in real life, but nobody in academia knows I have a secret identity as a romance writer ;) I love the colour pink and almost everything I own is pink, and I also have a jewellery diploma because hey, diamonds.

I love beta-reading and I hope I could get to be part of this community and learn new things!

BrandonTheWriter

Hi Babyjenks. Interesting username. Welcome to WF! :D

I can only imagine how hard it is to write your first book in English with it not being your first language. Just know nobody on here will judge you for it. Good luck with it all!

It's lovely you like to beta read, I'm sure someone will be grateful for your help.

babyjenks

Hi Babyjenks. Interesting username. Welcome to WF! :D

I can only imagine how hard it is to write your first book in English with it not being your first language. Just know nobody on here will judge you for it. Good luck with it all!

It's lovely you like to beta read, I'm sure someone will be grateful for your help.

Thank you for your warm welcome! I am really glad here the community is accepting of people writing in their second language :) This is something I was scared about before registering. I know my English is decent (I have written a dissertation in English after all) but I do make stupid little mistakes when I write fast and with passion :)
I absolutely love to beta read, yes! Another thing I have never done in English: I hope that will work out as well for me!
Thank you again!