Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi.... says the strange newcomer.... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobodyParticular

I love to write. Always have. Writing for me is the communication of Ideas, and Ideas rule the world. Ideas rule Realms, and give them Life as well. At least, the one Believing the Idea is giving it Life. But some Ideas should not be given anything. Giving Life to Death is a bit suicidal. Yet as a society, in order to maintain the current Order, or quite bluntly, to dissolve this old Order, a Sacrifice must be made. "We the people" are so schooled and trained, that they cannot see they are being piped off a cliff. They are not allowed to see what actually drives their desires. They do not see that before one gets out of bed, one must Believe the floor is there, and will hold them. But, that is, if they dare to question anything utterly foundationally.

Without Mind, there is no Experience. So how can we dare say any thing is pre-existing? If we do make such a claim, are we not claiming Truth? And if there is such a thing as Truth, then there must also be the Experience of Lies....

That gets some feathers ruffled. How do I dare to confirm a negative?

Our very senses tell us that if there is such a thing as Truth, then the experience of lies is just as real. Even our science these days confirms the very same things! Quantum science flatly says that any thing may be or not be, in another dimension; that, just because it is here, does not make it so, there. But where is there? Is it not the Realm of Experience?

Anyway, what I am trying to get at is the actual, provable, understanding that we very well do experience lies, on a daily basis, and that we have justified our lying perceptions as Reality, thereby reinforcing the lies we experience as more and more solid.

Does this not explain the rabbit in the hat?

Does this not explain a ton of times where, "that should not have happened"? But did?

Or vice versa.

I am just asking, what makes us so sure the experience of lies is NOT possible?

If there is such a thing as Truth, and obviously, since things are indeed solid, then Truth, quite Naturally, implies "lies" to exist. But here we are, back to that old axiom that says a double negative is cancelled out. But the Experience of lies is clearly an undeniable Experience of humanity, as a whole. We have all seen, heard, and felt things, that were not at all as we Experienced them to be.

Therefore, my fellow thinkers, what about this known issue in our psychology, justifies the "scientific method"?!?

I'll let that fester for a bit, but am highly curious to see the reactions. Just remember, I'm not making a claim. I'm just asking some vital questions. The lack of answers does not justify anger or hostility.

Just being me.

Like it or not.

TheMightyAz

Staff member
Mentor
Hello.

edit: since this thread has been moved, I feel the need to point out this was in the 'introduce yourself' section.

Last edited:

NobodyParticular

Sir, if I can ask, given my subject Matter above, which do you think would be the best Form of writing, to present the subject to an audience? A fiction requires too many characters and a storyline that clearly distracts from the message intended. Then again, not all should be allowed to have the intended material. That said, a factual writing is not doable either, due to the minds being pre-programmed to interpret data as incoming, rather than creative. Er, rather, I should say, there is 'what IS', and there is 'what is not'. But the Picture of either is determined by our Ingredients in the Stew.

You may be able to see my dilemma(s) in trying to put this together. If so, any Wisdome will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you, ahead of Time.

;)

NobodyParticular

Some authors have incorporated Art into their writings. Flamel, in particular. In such a case, I would need to find a like-minded Artist in order to portray the thought provoking Ideas. Where to find such an Artist, is the question?

TheMightyAz

Staff member
Mentor
Sir, if I can ask, given my subject Matter above, which do you think would be the best Form of writing, to present the subject to an audience? A fiction requires too many characters and a storyline that clearly distracts from the message intended. Then again, not all should be allowed to have the intended material. That said, a factual writing is not doable either, due to the minds being pre-programmed to interpret data as incoming, rather than creative. Er, rather, I should say, there is 'what IS', and there is 'what is not'. But the Picture of either is determined by our Ingredients in the Stew.

You may be able to see my dilemma(s) in trying to put this together. If so, any Wisdome will be greatly appreciated.

;)

I don't think your observations would be best served with any particular genre or POV. I'd just put a character into a story, give him/her this perspective, and weave it into the fabric of the narrative/dialogue/descriptions. The one thing I would say though is the first objective should be to engage and entertain, so I'd keep these types of observations thinly spread throughout, instead of centre stage, where they could be construed as soap boxing.

NobodyParticular

Point noted, though I am not at all coming from some “holier than thou” attitude, or perspective. I do much appreciate the idea to give a character this perspective, and play it out. Allow it to unfold, as you kind of say. Thank you. Will try this, but am not the best at dialogue and such. Again, thank you.

bdcharles

Wɾ¡ʇ¡∩9
Staff member
Media Manager

;)

Poetry?

BornForBurning

Actually a pretty good post, all things considered, but it probably should be moved to the Tavern, since this is only tangentially related to writing. Or maybe the non-fiction board. But if you want to put your philosophical musings into fiction, go ahead. Tons of philosophers have done that; what is arguable the most famous philosophical work (the Republic) is actually a dialog between two characters. As for preaching, that depends on your skill as a storyteller and your poignancy as a thinker. The Napoleon of Notting Hill is arguably a work of political philosophy in the form of a short novel, but it works because the characters are funny, the plot engaging, and the ideas original and striking, loaded with political-aesthetic power.

Reactions: PiP
Status
Not open for further replies.