Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi, I'm Old (1 Viewer)

Lewdog

WF Veterans
This place has gotten a bit dusty since I was last here. I'm surprised I still have an account and @Cran didn't wipe me off the face of the Earth after trying to contest an auto-debit from my Paypal because I didn't know where it came from until I saw his real name. 😂

Well, it has been a long time, I'm old and different. If you knew me before, I'm sorry. If I stick around and post and new people see it, I'm sorry for that too in advance.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hey Lew, great to see you!

What are your writing interests now - poetry or prose? What's happening in RL since you were last here?

Why not enter July's poetry and/or LM challenge for starters :)

Lewdog

WF Veterans
Hey Lew, great to see you!

What are your writing interests now - poetry or prose? What's happening in RL since you were last here?

Why not enter July's poetry and/or LM challenge for starters :)

Well I kind of have 2 degrees now, but not much to show for it. The only things I've written lately are research papers and unfunny tweets in an attempt to be relevant to a bunch of strangers. Maybe I'll expand my reach of trying too hard to make people like me. I haven't written a poem is so long I can't even spell the word rhyme without spellcheck, let alone do it.

Reactions: PiP

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Well I kind of have 2 degrees now, but not much to show for it.
Well done, you! What subjects?
The only things I've written lately are research papers and unfunny tweets in an attempt to be relevant to a bunch of strangers. Maybe I'll expand my reach of trying too hard to make people like me. I haven't written a poem is so long I can't even spell the word rhyme without spellcheck, let alone do it.
My best advice, just be yourself and don't try too hard to make people like you. You are the reason I survived and I'm still here. WF has changed a lot since you were last here, so let's wipe the slate clean and start again :)

Lewdog

WF Veterans
Well done, you! What subjects?

My best advice, just be yourself and don't try too hard to make people like you. You are the reason I survived and I'm still here. WF has changed a lot since you were last here, so let's wipe the slate clean and start again :)

Criminal Justice and Criminology. I do have a project I am trying to work on about a couple of suspected serial killers I worked with when I was a correctional officer. I also worked with one of their victims that happened to be the subject of a television show here in the U.S. called Unsolved Mysteries. The issues I am trying to find out have to do with whether or not I can write about the crime without getting anyone's permission since I worked with everyone involved.

Gumby

Staff member
Co-Owner
You see how crafty we were in the planning of our wall of defense, eh? A three-pronged attack...

Foxee

Patron
Patron
Heylo, Lewdog! Nice to see you again. :) That makes two WF dogs that I can think of, Lewdog and Sigmadog. So you'll have company.

Congrats on the degrees, great job!