Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi from New Zealand (1 Viewer)

L

lesbillgates

My name is Les Gates and I’m living in New Zealand. I’m a newbie here and quite new to writing, but really an oldie.

I was born in, England in 1949 and graduated from Keble College, Oxford University in 1972 with an Honours degree in Mathematics. The following year I completed a Post-graduate Certificate in Education at Exeter University.

I have toured the world extensively and lived for more than twelve years in the Solomon Islands and ten years in New Zealand.

For most of my working life I have been a High School teacher of mathematics in New Zealand, England and the Solomon Islands. In 1998, I was appointed Principal of King George VI National Secondary School, Honiara, Solomon Islands. I moved back to New Zealand in 2001. I am now pursuing a new career as an author and freelance writer. My first novel, ‘Windows on Our World, Part 1: Hope’ was published last year.

I married Sarah in 1986 and we have three children and two grandchildren.

B

Baron

My name is Les Gates and I’m living in New Zealand. I’m a newbie here and quite new to writing, but really an oldie.

I was born in, England in 1949 and graduated from Keble College, Oxford University in 1972 with an Honours degree in Mathematics. The following year I completed a Post-graduate Certificate in Education at Exeter University.

I have toured the world extensively and lived for more than twelve years in the Solomon Islands and ten years in New Zealand.

For most of my working life I have been a High School teacher of mathematics in New Zealand, England and the Solomon Islands. In 1998, I was appointed Principal of King George VI National Secondary School, Honiara, Solomon Islands. I moved back to New Zealand in 2001. I am now pursuing a new career as an author and freelance writer. My first novel, ‘Windows on Our World, Part 1: Hope’ was published last year.

I married Sarah in 1986 and we have three children and two grandchildren.
WElcome to the forums, Les. I hope that you get a lot out of it here.