Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi Everyone (1 Viewer)

Hi all,

I’m Lauren. I’m a first grade teacher and love every moment of my job. Writing has always been a hobby and I dropped it during my last few years of college to focus on finishing up my degree. Now that I’m working, I want to start picking it up again - especially since it’s a good downtime for me. Hopefully I can work toward publish the book that’s been in my mind for the past several years🤞🏻. Although I also work a lot on poems and short pieces. I’ve always used those as a mode to help sort out my emotions when I can’t seem to place how I am feeling. I am excited to join this community and I hope to learn a lot here. I want to polish my skills and find new ways of writing, and have a place where I expect myself to come, so I can make sure I sit down and write.

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
Welcome Lauren. You'll find outlets to show off or get critique for any of that work here, and plenty of support and advice as you write the novel. :)

Olly Buckle

Mentor
Patron
Welcome to the forum, yes there is something magical about teaching, when you get through and spark an interest it seems everyone benefits.
Have a good look round and add the odd comment, the forum opens up further when you have made ten posts, some 'Writing discussion' threads can be very stimulating.

NajaNoir

Hello,

That's an admirable job, one that requires a lot of patience. Much respect for that.

There are a lot of tools, tips, and friendly people here to help writers along the way. Welcome to the forums.

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hi all,

I’m Lauren. I’m a first grade teacher and love every moment of my job. Writing has always been a hobby and I dropped it during my last few years of college to focus on finishing up my degree. Now that I’m working, I want to start picking it up again - especially since it’s a good downtime for me. Hopefully I can work toward publish the book that’s been in my mind for the past several years🤞🏻. Although I also work a lot on poems and short pieces. I’ve always used those as a mode to help sort out my emotions when I can’t seem to place how I am feeling. I am excited to join this community and I hope to learn a lot here. I want to polish my skills and find new ways of writing, and have a place where I expect myself to come, so I can make sure I sit down and write.
Welcome @LaurenB360 - I admire that you can do the type of work you do... for me, being trapped in a room full of six year olds is one of Dante's circles of hell.
We're glad you found us - we have a few problem children around here (@VRanger and @PiP - I'm looking at you).

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Welcome to our creative community, @LaurenB360 I also enjoy writing poetry and am currently writing a RomCom novel as a collab with @VRanger We work hard, but are having great fun at the same time! Hence why @indianroads is teasing us for our wicked sense of humour. I am listening to some spoken word poetry at the moment. Have you ever tried recording your own work? I started a discussion thread here

Welcome @LaurenB360 - I admire that you can do the type of work you do... for me, being trapped in a room full of six year olds is one of Dante's circles of hell.
We're glad you found us - we have a few problem children around here (@VRanger and @PiP - I'm looking at you).
Moi?

upset lea michele GIF

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Welcome to our creative community, @LaurenB360 I also enjoy writing poetry and am currently writing a RomCom novel as a collab with @VRanger We work hard, but are having great fun at the same time! Hence why @indianroads is teasing us for our wicked sense of humour. I am listening to some spoken word poetry at the moment. Have you ever tried recording your own work? I started a discussion thread here

Moi?

upset lea michele GIF
Don't you give me that innocent look missy.