Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi everyone (1 Viewer)

Brian Roberts

My name is Brian Roberts. I am a resident of Jackson, Mississippi and enjoy writing and reading poetry, playing guitar and composing music, and writing fiction. My influences are Faulkner, Borges, Camus, Dostoyevsky, Joyce, Shelley, Byron, Dylan Thomas, and Sartre. I graduated from Millsaps College with a B.A. in Philosophy and Computer Science. I am pleased to be here.

Taylor

Staff member
Global Moderator
Fellow James Joyce fan here. Welcome to the forum Brian!

Last edited:

TheMightyAz

Mentor
My name is Brian Roberts. I am a resident of Jackson, Mississippi and enjoy writing and reading poetry, playing guitar and composing music, and writing fiction. My influences are Faulkner, Borges, Camus, Dostoyevsky, Joyce, Shelley, Byron, Dylan Thomas, and Sartre. I graduated from Millsaps College with a B.A. in Philosophy and Computer Science. I am pleased to be here.
Welcome to the forum! My influences are Michael Moorcock, Tolkien, Clive Barker, Ray Bradbury and Marijuana.

ritudimrinautiyal

Welcome Brian. You are at the right place. Dostoevsky is my favorite too. I am too trying my hand in poetry.
Looking forward to read your work here.
Best wishes.

Ritu

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hi Brian,
You mentioned Dylan as an influence... funny story. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area back in the 60’s and Bob Dylan lived about a mile from our house for a short time.
My parents were heavy into the beatnik/ hippy scene, and we visited him several times and occasionally he would play and sing for us. I thought he was awful and would never make it in the music business.
So much for my ability to spot talent.