Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi everyone, Chris here (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum. My name's Chris Smith and I'm a fiction writer, from South Africa. I'm writing westerns because I grew up reading Louis L'Amour, and there was always something amazing about a cowboy coming into town, kicking the bad guys up and down the street, and then riding off into the Sunset. I'm also trying my hand at a police procedural, set in Durban.

I'm a big rugby fan, a fly fishing enthusiast, and I'm a twin.

VRanger

Staff member
Administrator
Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum. My name's Chris Smith and I'm a fiction writer, from South Africa. I'm writing westerns because I grew up reading Louis L'Amour, and there was always something amazing about a cowboy coming into town, kicking the bad guys up and down the street, and then riding off into the Sunset. I'm also trying my hand at a police procedural, set in Durban.

I'm a big rugby fan, a fly fishing enthusiast, and I'm a twin.

Greetings :)

It's a good crowd here. Enjoy.

thepancreas11

New Writers' Mentor
WF Veterans
Well, firstly, congratulations on your recent World Cup victory. As a small guy, I've always had a soft spot for Faf de Klerk.

Second, congratulations on your coming here! You'll rarely find a community such as this, supportive and kind and ready to help one another. This is a place to foster that writing spirit! Good luck!