Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hi, all (1 Viewer)

Hello, everyone!

Tashah Claymore is my pen name.

I am brand new to this forum, and can't wait to join in various conversations as well as giving and receiving feedback on writing!

I got my first book idea when I was about 11 years old, but have yet to actually finish writing a full book (I'm 19 now). I write mostly fantasy, with a few of my stories more along the themes of dystopian, steampunk, horror, and sci-fi. I would love to one day have my stories published, but of course I have to finish them first. I'm also doing art school so that I can make my own book covers. I have, however, finished a few short stories which I might post eventually, but I'm not super proud of them.

All the best,
Tashah

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
Hi Tashah, and welcome to our community. Do post your short stories to the workshop and who knows with a little work (or not) it could be worth submitting them for publication. :)

Have you checked out our new WF BookStore?

SueC

Staff member
Senior Mentor
Hi Tashah, so good to see you here. Every month we host a prompt-led competiton that can help you hone those short story skills. Hope to see you there. The August com will begin on the first of the month - check out the LM comps!

Steve_Rivers

Your pen name is certainly memorable Tashah, I like it. Finishing your first book is a big step, so don't be in a hurry. You'll look back on the final product with a lot more satisfaction if you keep continuing to build up to it with short stories, novellas, etc, and feel comfortable with longer plots. So hang in there and don't get discouraged. You may not feel confident in your current short stories, but it's all about practice to make yourself a better writer.

Welcome to the forums btw!