Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hey (1 Viewer)

J

Jamiemaude15

Hi.

I'm Jamie, i haven't really been writing for a very long time. The problem i find is that i will start a story but then either my mind goes blank and i start writing noncense or i get bored with the story.

I've come to this forum to try and improve my writing abilities, i want to try and mature in the way i write. I also want to try and get inspiration for writing. I prefer militry type books by authors like Andy McNab and Chris Ryan, but i'm not able to write military books as i believe, to make it succesful you need first hand experience of the pressures and experiences in the field.
So i'm looking for a few ideas or just some inspiration.

I also want to start reviewing video games, something i'm into big time. So i thought that reviewing some of the storys on here would get me in the right direction.

I'm a laid back kinda guy in my last year of school. I've had quie a bit of experience with forums and i'm fairly mature when posting so you should have no trouble with me:thumbl:.

I recently wrote a short story for some school work which impressed my teacher quite a bit, might make a few improvements on it then post it up for you guys to read.

testinglimits

flash stories are pieces written quickly on a idea, they are usually short, some 100 words long, some longer. Basically just a blurt out from the mind.

TL

J

Jamiemaude15

Hmm, i could do that to create a story in one. Write various Flash stories, take the ideas from them, then develop them.

testinglimits

Yes, exactly, been to a few places where people do that. I knew of one guy that wrote just small flashes then formulated into a collection for a book. I used to when I wanted to clear the mind; open up my word processor, then turn off the monitor and type whatever story came to mind. The eyes don't try to lead you off with 'grammer rules' you just get the 'idea' you can go in after turn on the monitor and edit it but until then, its just raw creative juices flowing.

Best luck to either or.

TL

Users who are viewing this thread