Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hey, I'm writing an Onion-Esque Newsblog (1 Viewer)

Hey! I actually haven't been on a forum before, but I came to seek some input on this new project I started. The writing style for the articles (all of which are totally fictional) is similar to that of The Onion.

Here's a quick sample of the kind of stuff I've been doing:

Freak Helium Tank Accident Claims the Life of Local Musician

Jake Ligorsky, the lead singer of “The Obscurities”, an East Williamsburg based rock band, was found dead in his loft yesterday. The musician, who was described by his friend as a “totally rad non-conformist”. Is believed to have died from helium asphyxiation after deciding that breathing air was far too conformist for a man of his sophistication.

TheFuhrer02

WF Veterans
Never liked that parody news site. It causes a stir here in The Philippines.

Still, welcome to the forums! :hi: