Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

hey hey (1 Viewer)

impete82

i'm pete from cana-duh. i have an idea in my head about a book, one that's probably been done to death already but i want to give it a shot anyways. even if i'm the only person who reads it, i still want to try :) i was labeled with a learning disability when i was young, barely passed my english classes in school, and have the hardest time making anything sound have decent on paper ..... do you think i can still write a book? lol

anyways..... hello

terrib

Pete, you go for it! All of us write for one, ourselves! So have fun. Why not write a children's book? Either way...just do it!
Terri

impete82

Pete, you go for it! All of us write for one, ourselves! So have fun. Why not write a children's book? Either way...just do it!
Terri

hahahahahaha nice burn lol .... i bet you were just trying to help but that was too funny (i actually laughed) :) ..... i was actually thinking of it at one point though

but i was thinking of a story where people get shot, commit suicide, get cancer, and a whole lot of bad stuff :) i doubt any child would want to read that :p

welcome!

Hey Pete!
Welcome to the group! In my opinion, anyone/everyone can have great ideas! If you have problems putting them into words, or wording them properly...collaborate with someone! Get a good editor who can get your message across! It's a shame to waste a perfectly good brain!

Smiling Hobo

Hey there, welcome to the forums! And anyone can be a writer...it's just that, like with most htings in life, it takes time and dedication to get good at it. Anyways, hope to see you around!

PS - Canada is the greatest country in the world. :D

Nickie

WF Veterans
Hi there, Pete, and welcome to Writing Forums! Sounds like you want to write a thriller... Good, those are really wanted. So just give it a try, and see what happens.

Nickie

impete82

um..... ya i guess it would be a triller, but the cover i played around with makes it look like a romance or something eh? lol ... i was thinking more than just getting shot ..... the jist would go something like 'guy comes to visit home, gets shot by a girl (she's a badass) he knew when they were babies, guy ends up in hospital in a coma or something, girl takes his journal and reads his entire life, girl gets attached to guy, guy's energy (spirit or ghost if you will) is following her somehow (haven't figured that out yet), guy's energy helps her find her passion for life' .... i know stories like that have been played out already i bet, but i can't get this reel out of my head so i'm going with it :) i'm still working on the characters so excuse my 'sloppy storyline' :p

not a real cover btw just something i did for kicks today. i looooove 'the secret' so i figured why not give myself a little visualization to jump start the writing and hopefully one day it'd turn out :)

bookcovernovel.jpg

Amers

Welcome to the forums Pete, have much fun! And I think that's a great story, your style would make it a different story from others ;)