Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hey guys (1 Viewer)

O

Ohiostate25187

Hey whats up guys? I just fouind this forum and I'm really excited to not only share some of my own samples but to read some other pieces. I enjoy writing short stories in my spare time but I've never shared them before. I'm not the best writer, but I really like coming up with the ideas. I hope that this forum can help me to improve my writing skills. Other than that I'm really excited to get started.

Oracle

Hey, welcome to the forum! :D
I hope you really make the most out of it. The more you participate, the better :D

Futhark

I'm not the best writer, but I really like coming up with the ideas.

Hey, the idea is the most important part. You can be the most brilliant writer on the planet, but if you don't have the idea to begin with, it wouldn't matter. (I mean, honestly-- who wants to read a beautifully written tale about a roll of toilet paper? Then again...)

That said, it really is important to have solid technique. Mainly because editors won't touch your story if it's riddled with mispelled words and grammatical errors. But technique can be learned. Think of writing like walking. You started out wriggling around on the floor. But now, with practice (notice the emphasis) you can run, jump, and maybe even pass a sobriety test. It just takes time.

So, yeah, I'm gonna step down from my podium and just say, "Welcome!" Hope to read from you soon!