Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hey folks! (1 Viewer)

Steve_Rivers

Hello everyone, I'm Steve! I frequent a few writing forums and then this weekend I found this place. I guess I just like chatting with my fellow writers, helping out with a bit of critique, and meeting new people in the same boat as myself. ....Boy, that makes me sound SO well-adjusted when I type it out...it feels weird!
I gotta say though, I like the minty green colour around here - makes me want to go and buy some mint-choc chip ice-cream. :snowman:

I've currently got a self-published book out, so I'm familiar with all the ins and outs; not only about the work involved but how daunting the whole thing is to newbies. I wont go off promoting myself or my book here, but if anyone's curious it's called Solar Rift 2120 and a google search will sort you out... I even think it lists my website in the top three results... *runs off to check* Yep. Wow, anyone would think I actually know what I'm doing! Hah!
If there are any newbies reading this, you should take hope - im the perfect example that if a complete numpty like me can do it, then you can, too!

But anyway, from what I've looked over so far, this place looks like a nice and relaxed place, so I hope I fit in and hope to call a few of you friends before long. Hope you've all had a nice weekend!

Steve

(PS, I hope the word numpty tips you off that I'm British...)

indianroads

Staff member
Global Moderator
Hi Steve, and welcome!

IMO no writer is well-adjusted. We create worlds and characters that are often off-kilter, because a novel set in a bland world filled with milquetoast characters would be pretty dull.

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
(PS, I hope the word numpty tips you off that I'm British...)
Yep, us Brits have our own lingo along with our own peculiar brand of humour. :) Welcome to WF and our creative community! Well done on not only completing but publishing your first book.
Out of interest how did you find us?
Anyways, I am sure you will soon discover we are a friendly group so hopefully you will stick around.

Steve_Rivers

Out of interest how did you find us?

Thanks for the warm welcome, folks!
And you have google to thank, Pip. I was pondering if there were any writing forums I might not be aware of, so I literally googled "writing forums" and this place came top of the search results.

I dunno what you guys do to please the Algorithm God, but it obviously works. :sunny: