Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Hey Folks just joined today (1 Viewer)

GuyT228

Hey Guy's just joined up today, truth be told, I am an absolute hermit crab! I just wish there was a way to make it as a writer literally just staying home in front of the keyboard, the irony isn't lost on me, because that's exactly what I'm doing typing this... but, just joining a forum and getting engaged seems like harder work than sitting down writing a novel length manuscript. At any rate, I've self published one novel through amazon and apart from 20 or so downloads just from family and friends, I haven't received much feedback, not that theirs could be trusted, ie: corrupted with good intentions. Apart from that I am sitting down writing the sequel, about 30,000 words into the first draft and I thought it would be a good idea to try and get engaged on a writing forum. Cheers.

-xXx-

Financial Supporter
hi guy,

plenty of introverts 'round these parts.
thoughtful comments are plentiful, imho.

specific genre or blend-hybridish?

best,
:)

PiP

Staff member
Co-Owner
just joining a forum and getting engaged seems like harder work than sitting down writing a novel length manuscript. At any rate, I've self published one novel through amazon and apart from 20 or so downloads just from family and friends, I haven't received much feedback, not that theirs could be trusted, ie: corrupted with good intentions. Apart from that I am sitting down writing the sequel, about 30,000 words into the first draft and I thought it would be a good idea to try and get engaged on a writing forum. Cheers.

Welcome to WF Guy. Congratulations on completing and publishing you first novel. I'm told that successfully marketing a book is harder than writing it. Why not head over to the publishing area and see if you can get any ideas, join discussions or ask questions.

GuyT228

Action crime in the first I suppose, and sort of action horror blend in the sequel. Sort of hard to decide what genre or category it would fall into. It's not quite action adventure, in which it's listed but I don't think it could be considered a crime thriller either. Either way I'm just trying to keep writing, and learn the craft better. Reading good writers like Stephen King makes it look easy...

Tiamat

Patron
Hey Guy! Always good to meet another introvert! Extroverts are exhausting. :lol:

Kudos for self-pubbing a novel, even if you haven't gotten much response on it. I still think it's a big deal. You finished the beast and you put it out there for all to see. That's more than I can say.

Welcome!