Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Heralding commercial success from last year, or the year before, or 2019 (1 Viewer)

Matchu

Of all the 7 billion poems I ever crafted in an attic - this is my one commercial success, a victory, a victory for concision, dunno, maybe. Some kind of on-line scene where the winners are published upon street furniture. I present for you my poem that appeared on a bus stop in London. Or they said it did, I never went to London. It must have been seen by somebody?

Dishwasher Pilot

Take a tablet
take the heat
Mind the blades
Lift your feet

I like S1 L2 as it paints an image for me, why would anyone need to mind the blades? Unless there is a knife buried beneath all that soap. You also should put some punctuation in there but some poems don't have any. But for me, I need one. Also why a tablet? For what?

Matchu

I believe the published version had several commas and a ‘period.’ If you had ever flown a dishwasher you would be aware the blades sweep the void spraying jets of scalding water. They are called blades otherwise my poem is nonsense. Same rules apply re tablet of detergent. Thank you for admiration of line 2.

knottla

Hey you're not joking about those blades, I had to swiftly move my feet, it was that close I felt the draught off them. I enjoyed reading your poem Matchu.