Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Her Flame (1 Viewer)

Annie. Marie

Who is able
to handle the flame?

The ones that wanted to start anew
were kept company by their shivers
The ones that wanted to smother
burned against heat

But
The one that came as tinder;
the one that came as twigs
Stayed to rest
Stayed to ignite
even when the embers became dim

2020Syd2020

Hello,

this piece took me a few goes to get a handle on but I read this as a poem about shaking off the confines of pride for the sake of a relationship. Whether that is romantic, platonic or something else for me this is about being humble in order to nourish and maintain the flame. For me this piece can be applied by the reader to their own situation.

I don’t think I have anything to suggest in terms of edits

so thank you

Syd

ritudimrinautiyal

Who is able
to handle the flame?

The ones that wanted to start anew
were kept company by their shivers
The ones that wanted to smother
burned against heat

But
The one that came as tinder;
the one that came as twigs
Stayed to rest
Stayed to ignite
even when the embers became dim

It is highly, beautifully philosophical. Too much has been said in too less words. Experimenting is life I feel.

Keep writing
Ritu

Annie. Marie

Hello,

this piece took me a few goes to get a handle on but I read this as a poem about shaking off the confines of pride for the sake of a relationship. Whether that is romantic, platonic or something else for me this is about being humble in order to nourish and maintain the flame. For me this piece can be applied by the reader to their own situation.

I don’t think I have anything to suggest in terms of edits

so thank you

Syd

Syd,
I'm glad you made your own interpretation. I like when someone gets a different feel of my pieces than what I had originally intended. It was actually about a woman being "too much" for some men. Some try to dwindle her spark and change her, but the one that accepted her for who she was and kept her going, was the one that ended up receiving her heart. Maybe I should change the first line to "her flame" instead of "the flame"?

2020Syd2020

Syd,
I'm glad you made your own interpretation. I like when someone gets a different feel of my pieces than what I had originally intended. It was actually about a woman being "too much" for some men. Some try to dwindle her spark and change her, but the one that accepted her for who she was and kept her going, was the one that ended up receiving her heart. Maybe I should change the first line to "her flame" instead of "the flame"?

I would leave it as the flame as then it does leave it up to the reader’s interpretation. I like your intention with the piece.

Cheers

Syd