Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Help..... (1 Viewer)

airborne

I want to make a short film on something I have been thinking about for a bit now. I just have no experience with this and would like some thoughts on if I am on the right track with this.

Its about the Garden of Eden. When I was a child I was taught that God had created heaven on earth and gave Adam and Eve everything they would need to be happy. But God was just so he had to supply options as well. "Free will"
Anyways, the basics, Adam is warned not to eat from the tree of life, because it contains all the knowledge in the world and he could not handle that.

He eats, God leaves, Adam hides his body with a leaf and you get what we have here today "Wranglers" :scratch:

Through out this film, I want to show a separation between Adams world and our own. When he is looking for the leaf I am shopping for jeans etc.

I want to show the viewers how we are replacing Gods presents with items of comfort, and it all started with the leaf.

I want to show people that when you think about it, everything we own is that apple. The cup I am drinking from right now is nothing more then that apple.
I want to show the progress of our decision as far as world matters through our time here.

The conclusion will go something like this,
We will reach a moment when our lazy boys, microwaves etc, will no longer matter, War has gotten out of control, the planet is overheating or plague from our waste has spread rampantly. What ever it is, Its time to meet the creator.

You, myself, your best friend, my third grade teacher, everyone is now standing in a garden with an apple in our hand, as if we had just bitten from it. Frightened and confused we spit it out, drop to our knees, cry and look up to him and say, "What have I done"........... The point is God said that Adam will now everything, and you and I right now are living in the time line of his lesson from the apple. We are the story in the juice. What seems like life times to us are really seconds of forced and overwhelming visions in Adams mind.

I know as far as the facts and history and etc, there will be some arguments, I am just after the lesson in this. To provoke thought.

I really need to get it on film to work, but without a story line and some organization that will be a pain in the butt.

Anywhoo, let me know if you think I can do something with this. Again, just to provoke thought. :alien:

Elderberry

I don't have a problem with that. Anything that is apocrapha, is that the word?, anything that twists the dogma around in an interesting way w/o falling too hard down upon these old and weakened knees...script-ure... whatever...I would be closed minded to deny anything...all cool ideas....theres no real time etc......Adam lives all of humanity through an instant of imagination...not bad.....for christain theology, which god knows needs an extreme makeover these days.

mammamaia

Anything that is apocrapha, is that the word?,

not really, even if spelled correctly... 'apocrypha' refers to the unofficial parts of the bible that are rejected by some authorities, so wouldn't apply to the fruit-eating incident...

as to the question asked by the op, anything can work, if it's well-written and executed... but you seem to be confusing the reason adam donned the fig leaf with conspicuous consumption, when it was only due to his newly-felt shame at his nakedness...

Elderberry

not really, even if spelled correctly... 'apocrypha' refers to the unofficial parts of the bible that are rejected by some authorities, so wouldn't apply to the fruit-eating incident...

as to the question asked by the op, anything can work, if it's well-written and executed... but you seem to be confusing the reason adam donned the fig leaf with conspicuous consumption, when it was only due to his newly-felt shame at his nakedness...

So I guess I mean..heretic?, esoteric?. Ideas that recapture the old information/myths from the scripts from which we are usually told to associate them with, and give them some fresh and imaginative insight, insight that isn't bound to fall into the usual catagories of todays most broadcast interpreters, stuff that pisses off the clergy and other self appointed truth librarians, and piss off the antichrists too, thats always fun..
The Fall is a good place to start from, the fall from unity, objectify nature and experience, falling into work, toil, timeline, all good raw material still. But yea, mama is correct, gotta keep to the doctrine; the figleaf represents shame, or seperated consciousness. But I guess with a stretch one could say that seperated consciousness is manifested as consumerism, thinking you need things, thinking the goal is to fill in the holes. The holes are the way out of the script....personnally I would add...theologically speaking...we need to lift our eyes from the script...the preconceptions that tell us anything before we need to know.

Last edited:

airborne

Damn I like this site :0) all of your thoughts made complete sense, I have the basic idea of the message I am wanting to expose here, just need a solid foundation on which to govern the script from. I am fed up with the traditional way of thought with religion. It is dry and lacks inspiration and creativity. I will try to revamp this and post yet again and see if I can yall to bless off on ad least the concept.

mammamaia

elder b... i think what you're reaching for is 'heretical'...

ab... if you need any help with this intriguing little piece, i mentor/help lots of aspiring screenwriters, so just drop me a line if you need anything...

love and hugs, maia
[email protected]

X

xusernamex

The consequence of the forbidden fruit

Labeling something as "forbidden" often implies making it all the more desirable. Whether it's Adam in the Garden of Eden or a little child in a kitchen trying to figure out if he should reach into the cookie jar on top of the kitchen counter. Would Adam have wanted to bite into the apple so badly if it was not off limits? Or a child want the cookie if she could have as many as she wanted?
What we prize most is what we had to risk our all to achieve.
You could use that parallel in your project.

airborne

I like that

That is good, there is also an equation there,
If there is a design to life and we needed to finish to the end ultimately,,
By saying that we desire most what we cant have or would consider taboo and its in our own design to touch the hot stove even when we are warned against it then we will not stop and the further we learn the more dangerous the toys, Thus back to the whole do not eat of the tree of life. One could say that we may learn our lesson before its too late, but there are too many capable people our there with chemistry sets, lol To control the masses or have faith in them is much like politics. You vote for the lesser of two evils, yet in the long run they all suck anyways, lol yeah, I am babbling, tiered and a bit too much wine here.