Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

help (1 Viewer)

S

sunnyvista

hi folks
i love to write and have done so for many years. My writing can be poems, short stories or just rants to rid myself of frustration, my problem is that when i try to write a actual story i get bogged down and sort of lose the plot so to speak, i dont know if it is because i have to many characters, or if i get to carried away with their paticular traits, but it all gets out of hand quite quickly so any suggestions would be really apreciated, thanks.:cheese:

Voodoo

Might help if you slow with your sentences, make them comprehensible.

Why ever would you want to write a novel when you can write a poem?

Money and substance.

S

sallyoquy

It can be a problem when you get to a large piece of writing. It is hard to keep track of who's doing what and when. You could try writing a plan first. A storyboard type thing. (some writers use file cards) Also you could write out a bio of each character and there place in each story. Imagine it like putting together a piece of DIY funiture, putting the pieces in place when needed. That doesnt mean that your story cannot change because they have a habit of taking you in a direction you didnt know it was going but at
least you will have the skeleton of the idea. Good luck and I do sympathise

~Kouryuu~

HI sunny!! :] I cant write poetry to save my life!! xD Novels for me!! Lol!! Welcome to the forum, sweetie!! Enjoy!

S

sunnyvista

thanks so much for your welcome and suggestions, i will try the story board, I appreciate the input, as for the why novel when you can have poetry, they both meet a different need within me, its like the characters clamber inside of me trying to get out, i feel i have no choice but to give them voice.