Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Help! (1 Viewer)

Titan

Hey! How many peole use this thing? How come I never heard of it before? Decent. I'm tryin to raise money for Cancer Research UK, visit the site an let me no wat u think, please! Tryin to get as many people as i can to post ideas to my site to help write a fantasy novel and get it published. I'm a first time writer loving Pratchett. Cheers for any input guys!
Titan
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/riseofthetitans

mammamaia

are you here to join us as a writer/member, or just to tout your site and ask for money?

if the former, 'welcome to the forums!'... if the latter, your post may be judged spam and dumped...

love and hugs regardless, maia

B

Baron

mammamaia said:
are you here to join us as a writer/member, or just to tout your site and ask for money?

if the former, 'welcome to the forums!'... if the latter, your post may be judged spam and dumped...

love and hugs regardless, maia

In the hope that its the former, greetings and welcome

Titan

To be honest...

Mammamaia and Baron,
To be honest, a little bit of both really. I'm hoping you guys can give some input to the project. I'm not asking anyone for money. Raising the money is down to me. And trust me, if your mother had cancer, and you had opened a website to raise money for charity, wouldn't you try everything you could to do the best you could? So please don't judge me for comming on this forum 'touting' my site. The point of my site is to get writers and non writers alike to put something towards the project. Come up with a character, give advice, write a chapter, rewrite a chapter, whatever. So any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not a pro writer, this is my first time, which is why I'm looking for all the help I can get.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/riseofthetitans.
Thank you for the hello by the way, and I do understand where you are comming from. But remember, as you said, you must BE the change you wish to see in the world. I'm not trying to change the world, just the sentiment is there. Titan

Last edited:

Voodoo

I'll make a poem for you, since you've not posted anything as of yet. But first- lay off the wats and u's. That shit doesn't fly. I have an ailing mother, and it frightens me dearly that I would be so young, without a home...

Titanic strength, and Power
Flowers watered and Sprinkled
By Love and dedicat-
No no, This rhyme needs itself!!

Fatal attractions, Tiny matterhorns
Tittering Juiceflies, murdering forlorn
Creatures mourning like dawning
A Donny Welgo legacy...

Yeah. I'm bored out of my mind.

B

Baron

Hi Titan. I've checked out your site and e-mailed you. Look forward to hearing from you.

Rob

Titan

I'm going to get the finished piece published, profits go to charity. I'm relying on getting as many people involved as poss.
Titan

mammamaia

i don't think it will work, sorry to say...

who's going to pay to publish something like that?... i know of no publishing house that would...

and if you publish it yourself, you'll never even make back the cost of doing it, much less make any money, 'cause who'll buy a book that the pod or other vanity publisher will set a ridiculously high price on, for a poorly printed paperback?...

Voodoo

At least the woman's honest.

She failed to include the following: If you wish, sell your children.

Last edited:

Mallignamius

Okay, the first thing I saw is a possible problem with the title. It reads too much like a Harry Potter clone. And I think you'd be best moving this topic to a more appropriate forum if you're looking for critiques and advice.

Best of luck to you.

Titan

thank you

Thank you for your POSITIVE feedback, Mallignamius. I realise the similarity to HP, but it does have HP influences. But maybe a name change would be an idea to look into. I am confident that this idea will work. I already have a massive and surprising amount of interest in the project, including local news items, radio news items, and one single publisher has shown an interest, although they did point out the fact that I would need to go to them with much, much more than I have at present if they were to consider it for publication. There is a market for this, and I would not have wasted my time If there was a chance no-one would publish it, so do not insult my intelligence by making out I have not done my research and decided publishers would go for it.

Um... I'm very new here, to the extent of this being my second post, but it sort of worries me someone's already downing you on this. I mean, even if it doesn't work, at least you're trying to do something. Hey, you never know until you try, right? Anyway, welcome to the forums, even though I'm new. If you ever need any help, feel free to PM me!

B

Baron

The truth is that it can be very difficult to get published in the mainstream, particularly if your writing is no good, but talent does break through. The publishers will also pick up on a 'novelty' idea and this may well fall into that category.