Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

help on submittion od script (1 Viewer)

J

jhglondon

How do I submit a screenplay to a director? Is a better idea to submit to a director rather than a production company?
Thanks

mammamaia

it's not all that easy, jhg... you don't find directors at your neighborhood mall... you have to have a way to get to them... if you don't have any connections, you can find out who the director's agent is, and hope it will get to him/her that way... but, so many try this that without a referral from someone known to them, it's extremely doubtful your work will be read...

regardless, don't EVER send a script without being invited to, if you don't want to just waste paper and postage... no one in the business will read an unsolicited script... it's legal suicide, since you could claim they stole your idea, or whatever, so anyone legit that you send it to, will ask you to sign a release first...

best thing is to send a query letter presenting your logline and concept [+ a 1-page synopsis, if their guidelines say to], asking if they'd like to read the script...

for more detailed info on the whole process, you can email me and i'll send you some tips from the pros on query letters, loglines, etc...

love and hugs, maia
[email protected]