Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Help me find this book? (1 Viewer)

I

icklemofo

This is a long shot. I read a book about two years ago but can't remember the title or author. I'd love to read it again. I've tried a few book searches online but to no avail. I thought there might be an off-chance someone here has read this book and can recognise it from what I remember of the plot. Here goes:

The story is set in the UK, south coast, and charts the life of a mother and son who get caught up in an IRA bombing. The boy is left deaf and his mother is disfigured. The story is told at first by the mother, then by the son, and alternates by chapter.

So yeh, my chances are slim but does anyone know what book this is? :)

Thanks.

I

icklemofo

wow, that's the one! You are good. :)

I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who fancies something new.