Writing Forums

Writing Forums is a privately-owned, community managed writing environment. We provide an unlimited opportunity for writers and poets of all abilities, to share their work and communicate with other writers and creative artists. We offer an experience that is safe, welcoming and friendly, regardless of your level of participation, knowledge or skill. There are several opportunities for writers to exchange tips, engage in discussions about techniques, and grow in your craft. You can also participate in forum competitions that are exciting and helpful in building your skill level. There's so much more for you to explore!

Help finding this book anyone? (1 Viewer)

Chucky

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure where else to put it.

Earlier this year I remember there was a documentary programme on terrestrial TV (in the UK) about a middle aged working class woman from a council estate with no previous writing experience who wrote a novel. It was about a girl who ran away from home or something.

She sent it off to an agent, who liked it, and she was offered a £300,000 contract by Random House (the biggest publisher in the UK).

Has anyone seen this programme? If so, do you remember the name of the book by any chance? I know i haven't given much to go on and it was a while ago, but I'm hoping that since you are all writers one of you might have seen it and remember.

Thanks,

Chucky.